Tell us about yourself

Woz

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 12:13 AM, 4209 said:

Hello everyone. I am a 1957 model and have been a skin's fan since 1962. Norm Snead was the QB. Anyways I was born raised in Dallas Tx and lived 1 block from the cotton bowl which was the original home stadium of the Cowboys. I am the only odd ball in my family, everyone in my family are Cowboy fans. The hardest and the most difficult time being a skins fan and living in Dallas was the George Allen and Jack Pardee era. This era was true testament to my loyalty to the Skins b/c I went through a lot, and I mean alot!!!! LOL. If you was a Skins fan back then and lived in Dallas you better now how to put up your dukes.  It's kind of funny now but it surely wasn't back then.  But  the rival has changed since then. To make matters worse I am also an OU (Oklahoma) alum. That rival also is nothing like it used to.  Look forward to chatting with guys about our Skins. 

On 1/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, Skinscavalier said:

Third generation fan. Grandfather with Sammy, Dad with Sonny and I with Joe, Doug and Mark. Retired US Army, UVA grad., Happily married with seven kids, 4 in college, one in the Army and two still at home. Trying to turn my kids into fans, but our team has stunk up the place for the last 26 years. Don't spend my money on the team anymore on attending or buying merchandise. Snyder, his long run of misfit presidents, general managers and coaches, waste of draft picks and over priced ancient veterans have made our team the laughing stock of the NFC! Thank God for the Browns cause then we would be the joke of the NFL!  The only way things change is either a new owner or firing Allen and getting a real GM. Just so you know, we are losing Kirk and its the dung heap of a front office that caused this fiasco.

@4209 and @Skinscavalier, welcome to the board! :) (and wahoowa, SC :) )

Hello, all. I have been on FF for a long time now. I'm a married dude in his 40's. Early retirement. Lots of time on my hands, and I like to read football opinions and some other stuff as I sit on my arse... drink.. watch Netflix etc. 

I used to consider myself a die-hard 49ers fan, but since 2012, found myself roaming around a bit. Okay, I'm an Alex Smith stalker. LOL. No, I just got fed up in 2012 with SF, and found myself looking for another team for a while. Now, I just drift around as a casual football fan. I no longer take football personally, and now see it as pure and light entertainment. Not something to get confused with real life, so to speak.

I plan on dumping the Sunday Ticket, and going with NFL Game Pass. That way, I can just catch up throughout the week with whatever games I want to watch. My planned games as of now will be SF-KC-WASH. That will be plenty to keep me interested and occupied. 

I hope you won't mind me stopping by to talk Redskins with you all... and if you all do mind? I'll just kick rocks.  c0416.gif

Edited by oldman9er
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Hello, all. I have been on FF for a long time now. I'm a married dude in his 40's. Early retirement. Lots of time on my hands, and I like to read football opinions and some other stuff as I sit on my arse... drink.. watch Netflix etc. 

I used to consider myself a die-hard 49ers fan, but since 2012, found myself roaming around a bit. Okay, I'm an Alex Smith stalker. LOL. No, I just got fed up in 2012 with SF, and found myself looking for another team for a while. Now, I just drift around as a casual football fan. I no longer take football personally, and now see it as pure and light entertainment. Not something to get confused with real life, so to speak.

I plan on dumping the Sunday Ticket, and going with NFL Game Pass. That way, I can just catch up throughout the week with whatever games I want to watch. My planned games as of now will be SF-KC-WASH. That will be plenty to keep me interested and occupied. 

I hope you won't mind me stopping by to talk Redskins with you all... and if you all do mind? I'll just kick rocks.  c0416.gif

Hey, it's always good to have an outsider's perspective. I know it would certainly help me when I get caught up in staring at the proverbial belly button of minutiae that swirls around this franchise. So, pull up a chair and sit a spell. :D

• Like 2

On 2/2/2018 at 9:31 AM, oldman9er said:

Welcome to our madhouse!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I can't think of a less inspiring player to base your fanhood around than Alex Smith. 

I find this interesting. Unnecessary, and insulting just for fun, I guess.. but interesting.

I can think of no other QB in history that had such a miserable beginning to his career... only to fight through the obstacles.. and actually come out of it as a very good and successful player. So many others would have collapsed or fizzled out.. and many have. 

Beyond that, Alex Smith is a great human being. He's humble, kind, and consistently supported his communities. He created and puts much of his resources into his non-profit Youth Foundation for disadvantaged kids. 

I consider people that persevere, win a whole lot,  and contribute greatly to lesser fortunate people as rather... inspiring. 

Fanhood is a choice... not an anchor or shackle. 

• Like 2

The issue is, there should be no issue. 

What we have is 1 anonymous poster on some forum that is taking his time to pointlessly focus on why another anonymous poster appreciates a particular football player. Well, it's been asked and answered. 

You won't find me fixating on who you like or why. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldman9er said:

What we have is 1 anonymous poster on some forum that is taking his time to pointlessly focus on why another anonymous poster appreciates a particular football player. Well, it's been asked and answered. 

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The issue is, supporting communities doesn't help you gallop through secondaries with a tremendous combination of size and speed

giphy-downsized-large.gif

College was a long time ago. In the nfl he has to try to do that vs the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers linebackers and safeties. Good luck young fellow.

16 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Welcome to the Redskins forum. We’re usually always skeptical of new acquisitions through FA or trade because we’ve been burned since the first big FA signing of the Redskins in the mid 90s, Dana Stubifield.

• 1 month later...

Hello Gentlemen. Some of you might remember me as Big44dog. Used to come on a lot in the off-season and love to speculate with you guys on who this team will waste thier money/draft picks on. Well after buying and rebuilding a house, and having 3 kids I’m back as bigdog44 (original I know) because I couldn’t remember my password and the email I used to sign up for this site back in 08 or 09 is long gone.

Was 4 years old back when Riggins trampled through Miami in the super bowl. My dad won a ton of money on the game and we became huge fans. He passed away in 90 so it’s kind of been my thing to carry on the tradition  as a fighting skins fan in New York. I dragged my brother, 2 sons, and daughter into this. The skins flag flies every football Sunday (the U every Saturday). My 5 year old boy still doesn’t understand why RG3 isn’t around. He was born a week after the 2012 draft. Damn that was a great year. Anyway, glad to be back. Glad to see most of the same names. 

Edited by bigdog44
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Hello Gentlemen. Some of you might remember me as Big44dog. Used to come on a lot in the off-season and love to speculate with you guys on who this team will waste thier money/draft picks on. Well after buying and rebuilding a house, and having 3 kids I’m back as bigdog44 (original I know) because I couldn’t remember my password and the email I used to sign up for this site back in 08 or 09 is long gone.

Was 4 years old back when Riggins trampled through Miami in the super bowl. My dad won a ton of money on the game and we became huge fans. He passed away in 90 so it’s kind of been my thing to carry on the tradition  as a fighting skins fan in New York. I dragged my brother, 2 sons, and daughter into this. The skins flag flies every football Sunday (the U every Saturday). My 5 year old boy still doesn’t understand why RG3 isn’t around. He was born a week after the 2012 draft. Damn that was a great year. Anyway, glad to be back. Glad to see most of the same names. 

We’re around the same age then. Welcome back. Glad to see your return!