NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

19 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I haven't seen this many contested midrange jumpers go in since Kobe played. DeMar, Aldridge, Lonnie Walker, nailing them no matter the defense.

Good thing they can't make wide open 3s lol

They missed 3 wide open ones in the last 2 minutes in a 4 pt gm. 20 secs left

58 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I haven't seen this many contested midrange jumpers go in since Kobe played. DeMar, Aldridge, Lonnie Walker, nailing them no matter the defense.

Dang I was just gonna come on here and mention how Demar scored 30 with only attempting a single 3 (0-1)

my point was 3s or midrange, just be good at it.

Meanwhile time for my latest Celtic rant. I am happy we won with so many injuries (Tatum, Brown, Kanter) But for crying out loud, In a game where both our star wings are out, Boston still couldn't get our lottery pick (Romeo Langford) in the game????? WTF... up in the G -league???

what is he 2 years away from being 2 years away???? 

Kawhi Leonard's first career triple double? 

If you are a player with the ball in your hands all the time, like a R Westbrook, Harden, Doncic and Trae Young. Triple dubs are overrated but if you play any other position there value is more impressive. BUT this also shows why I don't compare players to each other based on stats. Kawhi is/has been one of the best 5 players in the NBA at least for the last 5 years. That shouldn't be up for debate. Yet he just now only achieved his 1st triple double?? 

Edited by resilient part 2

18 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Kawhi Leonard's first career triple double? 

If you are a player with the ball in your hands all the time, like a R Westbrook, Harden, Doncic and Trae Young. Triple dubs are overrated but if you play any other position there value is more impressive. BUT this also shows why I don't compare players to each other based on stats. Kawhi is/has been one of the best 5 players in the NBA at least for the last 5 years. That shouldn't be up for debate. Yet he just now only achieved his 1st triple double?? 

While I agree I don't think that if you asked for the 5 best offensive players Kawhi would ever be mentioned. He obviously isn't bad but no one puts him in the top 5. That is the thing with the triple double (similar in some respects to the triple crown in baseball) it only measures one side of the ball. A huge part of what makes/made him one of the top 5 is that he was probably the best wing defender and arguably overall defender in the league. So comparing him just getting his first triple double and his ranking overall as a player is kind of a non sequitur.

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

While I agree I don't think that if you asked for the 5 best offensive players Kawhi would ever be mentioned. He obviously isn't bad but no one puts him in the top 5. That is the thing with the triple double (similar in some respects to the triple crown in baseball) it only measures one side of the ball. A huge part of what makes/made him one of the top 5 is that he was probably the best wing defender and arguably overall defender in the league. So comparing him just getting his first triple double and his ranking overall as a player is kind of a non sequitur.

Well yes and no. I get your point, KL was/is maybe the best 2 way player etc... But KL's offense has always been vastly underrated.  Kawhi played all those years with SA and played in a system where the ball always moved and was NEVER the focal point of an offense like some of the ball dominant players mentioned above. In his 1st and only year in Toronto and especially in the playoffs KL was damn near offensively unstoppable. It surprised some people as KL never really was asked to do that much. So I don't know if saying KL isn't a top 5 offensive player is a total fair statement when his role was never really to be one. Either way still very surprised the triple was his first regardless. Would have thought he had a few last season with the Raps.