NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

There was talk about if/when a team wins the title, if there should be an asterisk next to the title. I voted NO, if everything was somewhat normal. But damn some teams may be missing some key or even great players. Using Miami as an example, what if Miami doesn't have Bam and Dragic in RD 1 and loses to a lower seed. and the team awaiting the winner in RD 2 now gets an easy matchup... or something along those lines... That would be suck..

what If Giannis misses 2 weeks and in that time the Bucks lose? the eventual Champion might just be the luckiest/healthiest team, but not the best team..

Edited by resilient part 2

29 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

There was talk about if/when a team wins the title, if there should be an asterisk next to the title. I voted NO, if everything was somewhat normal. But damn some teams may be missing some key or even great players. Using Miami as an example, what if Miami doesn't have Bam and Dragic in RD 1 and loses to a lower seed. and the team awaiting the winner in RD 2 now gets an easy matchup... or something along those lines... That would be suck..

what If Giannis misses 2 weeks and in that time the Bucks lose? the eventual Champion might just be the luckiest/healthiest team, but not the best team..

Meh. Part of sports. Are we giving Toronto an asterisk for beating like 50% of the actual Warriors team?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

feel like this dude hasn't played in 8 years

Word. Saw this on the ESPN ticker right now and had to rewind it to make sure I read that correctly lol. Hopefully no more setbacks and he gets back on the court in no time. 

the mavericks have the most efficient offense of all time at 116.7 points per 100 possessions. 

2nd is the 18-19 warriors, 86-87 lakers, 17 warriors, 92 bulls

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=team_totals&lg_id=NBA&order_by=off_rtg

the bucks have the 2nd best defense of all time, after the 96 bulls

the 96 bulls have the 9th best offense ever and the best defense ever

the '17 warriors had the 3rd best offense and 9th best defense of all time

Edited by 11sanchez11

15 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

It is what it is. This year will still be legit.

And what if Boston is up or tied in a series in the Conference matchup or even in the title series and Gordon Hayward leaves the team (when his wife gives birth) and stays home due to fear of catching (not having) Corona??

40 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

And what if Boston is up or tied in a series in the Conference matchup or even in the title series and Gordon Hayward leaves the team (when his wife gives birth) and stays home due to fear of catching (not having) Corona??

Sucks for us. Will I wonder what it? Sure, of course. That wouldn’t make a Laker/Bucks/Clippers championship any less real. 

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Sucks for us. Will I wonder what it? Sure, of course. That wouldn’t make a Laker/Bucks/Clippers championship any less real. 

Listen I've already stated a few months back if there are no major Corona issues this is a legit championship but this is all new territory..I am hoping for the best.

But I am also too foolish to believe that the celtics do have a legit shot if  Healthy. I know most Boston fans don't think they have a legit shot. I would just hate to lose that opportunity  For non basketball related issues .. That's all I'm saying

Edited by resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Listen I've already stated a few months back if there are no major Corona issues this is a legit championship but this is all new territory..I am hoping for the best.

Bottom also true foolish to believe that the celtics do have a legit shot if  Healthy. I know most Boston fans don't think they have a legit shot. I would just hate to lose that opportunity  For non basketball related issue. That's all I'm saying

I get it, for sure. I just don’t think it hurts the legitimacy of a championship.