NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

On 6/29/2020 at 1:42 PM, champ11 said:

to be honest - the play in format is still a huge advantage for Memphis (or whoever gets the 8 seed). if they can hang onto the 8 seed they just need to win 1 instead of 2 in a row.

but, yeah, i think NOP is pretty damn good when they are playing well. 

Huge advantage for Memphis lol. New Orleans will need to beat them 3 times in 10 games basically, unless they somehow get the 8th seed in 8 games. Which would require them going 7-1 most likely.

So Beal is not going to play and nor is Dinwiddie. The Wizards with Beal are a bad team and without him will be a dumpster fire. Whatever, the 8th seed is getting annihilated one way or another in the first round.

They said the Magic are leaving today to Disney and will be the first team in the bubble, but I thought the Raptors have been in Orlando for two weeks now? What am I missing here? 

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rudy f'n Gobert's main beef with Mitchell is that he doesn't pass him the ball enough? LOL, this guy wants some post touches like he is prime Tim Duncan or something? 

Mitchell definitely needs to improve as a playmaker, but Gobert should not be the one getting those extra touches unless they are lobs.

46 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rudy f'n Gobert's main beef with Mitchell is that he doesn't pass him the ball enough? LOL, this guy wants some post touches like he is prime Tim Duncan or something? 

Honestly if you read the article there are a couple clickbait worthy quotes in there, but for the most part those two seem fine. Rudy just seems annoying af 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Honestly if you read the article there are a couple clickbait worthy quotes in there, but for the most part those two seem fine. Rudy just seems annoying af 

I read it. Make no mistake, Mitchell doesn't mess with Gobert at all. He IS annoying and just corny as hell. Guy complains every time he is missed on a roll to the basket and really his main beef is missing out on All Star games and thinking he is being overlooked. He's a good player but needs to know his role and shut his mouth! 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I read it. Make no mistake, Mitchell doesn't mess with Gobert at all. He IS annoying and just corny as hell. Guy complains every time he is missed on a roll to the basket and really his main beef is missing out on All Star games and thinking he is being overlooked. He's a good player but needs to know his role and shut his mouth! 

He is a very good player. He's more valuable to the Jazz than Mitchell pretty easily right now. Dude obvi has some ego issues, but he is overlooked. But it's not hard to figure out why - and I thought he did show some interesting self awareness related to that in the article. But obviously Mitchell gives them the higher playoff ceiling moving forward if he improves. It's going to be interesting if they max Gobert or try to move him.

59 minutes ago, champ11 said:

He is a very good player. He's more valuable to the Jazz than Mitchell pretty easily right now. Dude obvi has some ego issues, but he is overlooked. But it's not hard to figure out why - and I thought he did show some interesting self awareness related to that in the article. But obviously Mitchell gives them the higher playoff ceiling moving forward if he improves. It's going to be interesting if they max Gobert or try to move him.

Gobert IS a very good player. Has limited impact in certain series in the playoffs but still very good nonetheless. But him complaining about lack of touches is hilarious. Be happy with all the lobs/rolls you get and worry about holding it down defensively. No one looks at Gobert as this good player because he has such a great offensive game. Maybe he thinks with more points he would get more respect?