NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

Also, dude, like I get it's been a rule for a long time and, well, you wanna save your ad money.

But idk if you know this, the country is kinda on fire and has been for a while now.

Eventually people are gonna wanna talk about that stuff, which they do elsewhere as well, but you can't keep that genie in the bottle anymore.

Just now, Webmaster said:

Our forum rules are still in effect.  No race or political discussion.  Stick to basketball.  

With all due respect, you shut the website down for almost a day to support BLM.

That was a bold and much appreciated decision on your part that probably wasn’t easy.

However, you have to understand why that would cause confusion for posters on this site.

14 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Also, dude, like I get it's been a rule for a long time and, well, you wanna save your ad money.

But idk if you know this, the country is kinda on fire and has been for a while now.

Eventually people are gonna wanna talk about that stuff, which they do elsewhere as well, but you can't keep that genie in the bottle anymore.

Has nothing to do with "ad money".  We'd make a lot more money if we exploited all the tragedy going on like every other media outlet.  

Politics and everything going on in the world is a lot more important than sports and what we focus on at FootballsFuture.com, but that doesn’t mean we should discuss these things here.   In fact, many members need a politics free zone now more than ever.    Most media outlets use political divide to boost ratings.  Almost every social media site is nothing but political talk.   This site will remain politics free.   

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That was a bold and much appreciated decision on your part that probably wasn’t easy.

Was it really bold? During spring before noon. After the draft iirc. It’s not like he shut it down on a Sunday during football season.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

With all due respect, you shut the website down for almost a day to support BLM.

However, you have to understand why that would cause confusion for posters on this site.

As I said when I shut the site down, those actions didn't change the forum rules.  

On 6/5/2020 at 9:53 PM, Webmaster said:

When the forum returns we will move forward as a community with the same rules and restrictions in place.     Our forum’s rules aren’t going to change.   We don’t allow political discussion on this forum because it is far too polarizing and will cause conflicts and resentments that will destroy the community.  

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Was it really? During spring before noon. After the draft iirc. It’s not like he shut it down on a Sunday during football season.

That’s fair.

I have absolutely zero clue how ad revenue for a website works.