NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

First time watching chunk of Lakers this year. Not a fan of Lebron by any means, anti-LBJ really, but man he looks every bit the athlete he was during his last finals run and that's all I really needed to see for him to reclaim his #1 player in the world title for me. Not sure how reg season will  play out for him, but I have no doubts once playoffs come he will make the Lakers very legit threats like he did w/ the Cavs for so many years by just being the best player on the court. Not a huge gap, Kawhi and Giannis are in that tier sure, but I still trust LBJ more.

I don't quite agree. He looks better than last year no doubt, but there are multiple times a game where he can't quite get by a guy because he's lost half a step of quickness or can't quite finish at the rim because he's lost an inch or 2 on his vertical.

For 34 (almost 35) he's probably still the best athlete to ever step on an NBA court and he's still upper echelon in the game now, but he needs to continue to adjust to compensate for the slight drop off.

The big improvement right now is his FT shooting. He's taking an extra second or so after his routine before putting the shot up and it's really helping. If he can get his FT attempts up slightly and work from the post an extra 3 possessions or so a game, it'll do wonders for him.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

Harden having that rare 30/20/90 season. 

The rockets defense has been so bad. Some of it has been bad luck. Teams are hitting 44% from 3 on us and that’s not gonna keep but the effort has just been terrible. Westbrook has disrupted everything and guys like Capela and Gordon are now out of whack. 

the offense has been scary good though. Ranking 1 in points and offensive rating and pace. ALL THIS WHILE SHOOTING 31% from 3. That’s a scary thought for the league. 

hopefully they get the defense figured out. We don’t need to be a top 5 defense but we have to be top 15 not 29th

Harden averaging 37/5/9 CLEAR MVP front runner. Best player in the game by far!!!! 

As for LBJ, he's definitely not as athletic as he was two years ago. You caught him against a team with no rim protection and just overall suspect perimeter defenders. Other games he struggles to finish at times and can't even get to the rack. 

The Lakers offense still doesn't really flow and I don't think they need to call as many pure isolations/post ups for AD. Because they like playing another big next to AD, it pretty much takes away the LBJ/AD pick and roll/pop which should be the staple of the offense. 

So Steph goes out and Kerr lets DLO run nothing but high pick and rolls in the first half. Um, that's all the team should have been running from the start. Either Steph or DLO running it all game long. Poole finally looked solid, nice to see. 

If we really want to take these 5 games and already crown him again as the best in the world that’s extremely foolish. Kawhi is light years better as a defender (still) and has a 37 PER compared to Lebrans 32 through this microscopic sample size. Plus, Lebran is literally scared of Kawhi head to head.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Kawhi>Lebron and there’s really no argument tbh.

LeBron absolutely has an argument. It might not be all that strong right now but there is one to make. He's significantly more impactful Than Kawhi on offense due to his ability to create for others. Now that he some rim protection behind him for the first time in years he's been solid on defense too. Of course, it's still early so he could coast for a few months.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Harden averaging 37/5/9 CLEAR MVP front runner. Best player in the game by far!!!! 

I can’t tell if you are being serious or not. Harden has been pretty bad this season all the way around. His stat line looks good but 30/20/90 shooting should never win MVP. 

those numbers won’t hold up through an entire year but if they did, I would say it’s a worse season than probably 2 of his 3 2nd place finishes. 

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I can’t tell if you are being serious or not. Harden has been pretty bad this season all the way around. His stat line looks good but 30/20/90 shooting should never win MVP. 

those numbers won’t hold up through an entire year but if they did, I would say it’s a worse season than probably 2 of his 3 2nd place finishes. 

How's Russ been? He looks more efficient than I expected thus far.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

No it didn't.  You know what felt like a playoff game... opening night vs the Clippers.  Kawhi asserted his dominance in that game, while LeBron played extremely passive. 

More then one game can feel like a playoff game

15 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

What do you think? Lol.

But he kind of always has slow shooting starts and then starts to pick it up.