NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

10 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

God we are an abysmal team.

5-2 nonetheless. Flawed team but still doing enough. Did you expect an elite team or something???

10 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

trash *** team

Really is, I randomly before the season went through the Magic's roster and came away VERY depressed. Like ya'll have pretty much been in the lottery or close to the lottery for the last decade and THIS is what you have to show for it??? There is no blue chipper on the roster and really no future. Hope it turns around, but damn it is BAD (SAS voice)!

Looking at the Lakers schedule, holy cow that is one favorable schedule to start the season. 9 of the first 14 games at home, and they played Clipper on opening night so really will have played 10 out of their first 14 at home. Yeah, a 13-1 or 12-2 start is certainly possible. 

7 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean really the Knicks are so bad RN because Julius Randle is, surprise, probably the worst defensive player in the league. And has given them nothing consistent on offense.

LIS this summer - he's my top empty stats guy in the league 

There were so many people here who said Dwight Howard wouldn't fit into his role, he wouldn't be impacful, he's going to demand more touches than he should get, etc.  None of that has been the case.  The guy is getting his offensive production in the flow of the game, being extremely efficient when he does get his chances and he's been there as a rebounder and defender when he's on the floor.  Everyone is fitting into their roles like a glove.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Good to see Howard playing well. Always respected his talent. If his ego doesn't get in the way he's among the best centers in the league. 

Historically, it can be very difficult for a once superstar and elite player to accept a much lesser role.  It has taken Dwight Howard several poor experiences on many different teams before he was able to be the person he is today.  I think it's a combination of a few things:  Being nearly 34 years old and becoming a more mature man, playing on a team that has a legit chance to win a championship and having a leader like LeBron James.

This Laker team is full of vets who understand what it takes to be successful in this league and the sacrifices they need to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

There were so many people here who said Dwight Howard wouldn't fit into his role, he wouldn't be impacful, he's going to demand more touches than he should get, etc.  None of that has been the case.  The guy is getting his offensive production in the flow of the game, being extremely efficient when he does get his chances and he's been there as a rebounder and defender when he's on the floor.  Everyone is fitting into their roles like a glove.

I was one of the few Dwight Howard supporters. I really thought the Clippers should've gone after him hard, he would've given them the size/rim protection they're currently lacking outside of Zubiac.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Conclusion:

I have proven, to a statistically significant degree, that James Harden's game performance declines in cities with higher rated strip clubs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/dt0ucg/i_analyzed_james_hardens_performance_in_every_nba/

I came here to post this.

While funny...this guy's has too much time on his hands.

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

quite possibly the darkest horse of all time

It is a long shot I know but as of right now I expect he has a shot to at least be second team all defense. 

He looks really really good overall. Too early to say Pascal jump but oh man you can’t stop me from thinking it.