We should keep haskins on the bench.

mar29020

15 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Brice also, I read, Told Trent that he had to sit out the year and he'd try to trade him in January .. WTF, 

Kind of a shame for Trent, I guess, but I couldn't really care less about what's best for him at this point. Tired of him and his whole thing. For the Redskins, it actually makes pretty decent sense. You might get more for him in that scenario than you would by trading him now. 

If you trade Trent tomorrow, the acquiring team gets him for the next 11 games and next year. They'd have to go through the process of getting him up to speed physically and mentally, so it would probably take a couple weeks to get the actual Trent Williams. So basically, they'd be trading for 1.5 years of Trent Williams.

If he sits out the whole season, he'll still have two years left on his contract. So another team could trade for him in January, have a whole offseason to work him into their program, and (in theory) get 32 games out of his current contract. That might (and I think it would) be worth more than a midseason acquisition. 

• Like 1

I’m not going to lie, if I were Dwayne Haskins and coaches kept leaking to the media that I can’t grasp the offense at all or I just look totally lost out there I’d probably want out of this situation. I can’t believe we still have this crap going on. If I were the owner and found out who the coach was he wouldn’t have a job the next day. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Get used to it - Callahan said Haskins isn't a candidate to start .

Brice also, I read, Told Trent that he had to sit out the year and he'd try to trade him in January .. WTF, 

Both these subjects are equally idiotic.  Let us see if OConnell is a qb whisperer now, not next year.  We aren't going to learn all that much with Case/McCoy.

Teams currently needing a left tackle are in desperate position.  It is a sellers market.  In january they can just plan on drafting a new one.  If a team is offering you a good deal now, you take it.

9 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Haskins is more likely to pull a rabbit out of his hat and accidentally win us a game. Need Colt to play cautious, make some mistakes, and keep the L’s rolling in

Dolphins GMs must be crapping themselves with all these winless teams ruining their plan. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Seems like an opinion/headline grabber to me.

No one has any idea what a player will learn and develop into 9 to 10 months from now. If you have that info, you should go play the lotto.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm rooting for him to be the starter next year. If this is true though, I'd question all the football people who had Haskins as the 2nd best QB after Kyler. 

I will agree though, Haskins does hold the ball for a while in the pocket. He definitely needs to change that immediately! Throw it away or Run! 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

This is just silly drama and I am not buying it.  We all saw him play in preseason or was that a body double?  He could take snaps, call plays, move in the pocket and throw passes just fine.  He played in the biggest environment in college football.  Yeah he has a long way to go, but he can still play.