Schefter on Roquan Smith

WindyCity

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

But it will come out whether you want it to or not.  Reporters will never let it just go.  If you give them nothing then they will dig into every part of your life which can be way worse.  

The intrigue is only going to last until Roquan comes back and plays.  After that it will all die down.  We never found out the reason Malcolm Butler didnt play a defensive snap of the SuperBowl, unless you really believe it was just Bill trying to make a point, and ultimately losing bc of it.

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The intrigue is only going to last until Roquan comes back and plays.  After that it will all die down.  We never found out the reason Malcolm Butler didnt play a defensive snap of the SuperBowl, unless you really believe it was just Bill trying to make a point, and ultimately losing bc of it.

Because they were trying to find out reason Belichick did it.  Belichick is never going to tell you.

But pieces of it did come out.

He was 'sick' and didn't show to practice that week.  Belichick doesn't play that game.

Probably more to story, but it was a Belichick coaching decision.  

Smith is a "personal issue."  That will come out eventually.   

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

But it will come out whether you want it to or not.  Reporters will never let it just go.  If you give them nothing then they will dig into every part of your life which can be way worse.  

You nailed it there. Someone needs to take responsibility for...something. It becomes a bloated mess otherwise. 

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This doesn’t sound or feel good.

I hope he is okay and ready for after the bye week.

If it turns out horrible then that is potentially all the Pace first rounders picks that disappointed.   Some bad luck to that. 

7 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

This whole Roquan episode also shows how the whole culture of HH has been transformed.  Before Ryan Pace we would certainly have already found out what was going on.  There are ZERO leaks out of HH now.  The best info anyone can get right now is that he was "behaving erratically"

The only thing I'm fairly certain of at this point is that it's not criminal, disciplinary or substance.  Those we would certainly have info on that could come from the league.  

I find it odd that only Shefter is the one saying he was acting erratically, all the team reporters who are with the team a lot more don't know anything.

I'm at the point now where I'm almost hoping it was one mistake he made, like a car crash or something. That way he can admit a mistake, and move on from it. If this is some sort of mental health thing (which like others have said is pure speculation, but the mind does wander in that direction) then I'm genuinely concerned for the person. Hope he's doing ok and we hear something soon.

Why worry about something before there's a real reason to worry?

"Personal issues" could mean anything. And based on what we know, none of the possible scenarios or reasons are a real cause for concern that will effect the team long term. 

People forget that these players are real people too and have real people problems that will NEVER get put out publicly as well. Just like all of you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I find it odd that only Shefter is the one saying he was acting erratically, all the team reporters who are with the team a lot more don't know anything.

Shefter relies on an extensive spy network that feeds him inside info.  Beat reporters are in the building and rely on their own eyes and ears.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Why worry about something before there's a real reason to worry?

"Personal issues" could mean anything. And based on what we know, none of the possible scenarios or reasons are a real cause for concern that will effect the team long term. 

People forget that these players are real people too and have real people problems that will NEVER get put out publicly as well. Just like all of you. 

Nagy declined whether to say this is a 1-2 game thing or a long term issue. That's why people are concerned that it might be long term

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Shefter relies on an extensive spy network that feeds him inside info.  Beat reporters are in the building and rely on their own eyes and ears.   

But my point is if he was acting like that they would have seen it sometime during the week. It just seems like a reach so he can get a story which he has done before.