Week 5 GDT - Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

On 10/2/2019 at 11:58 PM, N4L said:

WHY THE 49ERS WILL WIN:

- pressure up the middle in Mayfield's face. It's time for Buckner to step up and be the guy we know him to be. He hasn't gotten going yet. Also, I expect this to be NICK BOSAs coming out party 

- the run game. The browns have very good coverage and a stout front. I don't think they have the speed to keep the edge against our stretch zone scheme though. This should be breidas game to get 15+ touches, as he has the speed to simply out run their DLmen and neutralize the strength of their DL, which is literally their strength. I also think this will be a game we can screen them a few times early and then take some deep shots later once the defensive line softens up

- no dumb mistakes on offense 

- I have a sneaky feeling that DEEBO will go bananas this week. This is the biggest game of his life and the guy is an absolute bulldog who fights tooth and nail every snap. They will obviously keep the focus on kittle so there will be spaces open in their zone defense for other guys 

- Kyle's familiarity with Steve wilks. He was obviously the HC of the cards last year and we lost to them twice on some dumb dumb dumb things happening with CJ beathard as our QB. We have the schematic advantage this week 

4/5 aint so bad

especially the bolded

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Whatever tricks they can pull out from their sleeves, now is the time to do it. 

I think the answer is to not pay buckner. He honestly hasnt earned a mega-deal this season. He hasnt made many plays. If we dont sign him to an extension this offseason, we should have the money for both of those guys after we cut mckinnon. Buckner has started slow basically every year, was hoping he would get out to a fast start this year but hes not the same guy we saw last year... so far

I kept laughing at all the dumb sports talk hosts in the bay area who keep pounding their fist on the table for Jalen Ramsey and Trent williams. We cant pay either of those guys. 

Weston Richburg deserves a shout out. The guy is having an incredible season. I was looking at him as someone we could cut to save money, but he has been worth every penny. 

Kwon had another great game. The guy is fantastic. He is another guy that is getting paid a lot and has been worth it. 

Dee Ford isnt healthy, and honestly I think we need to sit him down after next week. we dont need him to beat the redskins. Lets try to get his knee healthy

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Weston Richburg deserves a shout out. The guy is having an incredible season. I was looking at him as someone we could cut to save money, but he has been worth every penny. 

Damn man, stop stealing my takes for the podcast. I was going to mention him too. His work on the Coleman touchdown was elite center stuff. Snap, pull, get all the way to the second level to seal the lane? Hot damn that was good stuff

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Damn man, stop stealing my takes for the podcast. I was going to mention him too. His work on the Coleman touchdown was elite center stuff. Snap, pull, get all the way to the second level to seal the lane? Hot damn that was good stuff

he hast to be the best pulling C in the NFL. the guy moves so well and understands the angles. He cant handle huge DTs in the run game, but our scheme is predicated on the outside zone stretch, and we can beat people up on the edges all game long. 

He was bad last year, but its pretty obvious in hindsight that he was just hurt. I know they talked about him being hurt, but I dont think we ever got clarity on what part of his body it was. 

Its really amazing to go from 2nd overall pick to potential playoff birth in one season. John Lynch, executive of the year??

Honestly, the garoppolo ACL tear might be the best ACL tear to happen to the niners since Frank Gore tore his ACL in college (and thus falling to us with the first pick in the third round). Couldnt have worked out better. 

• Like 2

I have ragged on Jimmie Ward’s availability more than most (long may his bones be transfused with something other than frangible material of various consistencies - amen), but the play where he gave up 15 more yards and got Nick Chubb out of bounds is the exact play that Tarvarius Moore failed to make on JuJu Smith-Schuster two weeks ago. It saved a touchdown and allowed the defense a chance to make the back breaking play in the red zone. So good job, Jimmie. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Alot of the fanbase were writing him off as a bad signing, all off-season because he played with a injury most ppl would have been put on IR for. He tried to tough it out. I said when he was signed he was the prototypical center for this scheme. People are now starting to see how much a fit he is, now that he's healthy. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I massively underestimated the lingering anger bosa had against Baker. 

Side note, I need to pick against the niners more often

Hey man, I was there with you. This just seemed like a game that we would have crapped the bed previously under Shanny.

But last night went a long way into erasing those memories. We still have alot of work to do but I'm starting to to believe this defense can be special IF we can stay healthy. Big shout out to Moseley. Youngin looked like a 10 year vet out there. He really look poised and confident for a second year, UDFA making his first career start. Kwon and Warner are legitimate Pro Bowl caliber players and Greenlaw has looked like he belongs as a rookie. The D-Line has looked dominant. Armstead has stepped up his play, which has been much needed since DeFo has gotten off to a slow start. Bosa has definitely looked alot better than I anticipated. Gotta pray he stays healthy the entire year. Sometimes I feel like our overly aggressive nature will get us into trouble against better OC's but can't argue with the results right now. 

1 hour ago, 49ers2015 said:

Impressive outing. Any else think that Booger a little harsh on Jimmy? I mean he didn't have to do much right?

Also, is it me or Pettis seems to have the case of the dropski's? 

YES.

It felt like he was approaching last night's game as a Browns game that just happened to have the 49ers. My favorite part of the game was late in the 4th quarter when it was already 31-3, Booger says: "I want to see the Browns make Jimmy G beat them. Stop the running game and make him beat you." Ummmm, Booger, the 49ers are up by 28 points late in the 4th quarter, Jimmy is going to be handing the ball off to kill the clock...

Monday night broadcast is the worst.

• Like 1