Pack at Dallas Post Game: Four and One

mikebpackfan

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I choose to believe he's the reason we don't see guys running wide open down the field with no one in the same frame as them.

Only kind of kidding there.

That being said...who/how did we contain Witten yesterday?  I was thinking Amos may have had him 1:1 for a lot of the day?  

You realize Witten is ******* horrible, right?

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

witten can't get open, he's one of the slowest players in the league.  He's basically Marcedes Lewis out there.  And then Jackson just let him get 2 straight completions in the hurry-up.  Other than that, Jackson wasn't really playing and only came on after savage got hurt

Although 1 was a push off like Graham got called on 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Witten contained Witten.  Once they went hurry up, Jackson was covering him a lot, and didn't really do a good job at all.

He's a huge disappointment here in his 2nd year.

I disagree with that Witten had a bit catch later in the game there but he pushed off bad. JJ seemed to take him out good enough. Hard to stop him all together he runs out 6 years and turns around his QB hits him in the chest. Tough to defend that when up by 28 and keeping everything in front of us. I will not say that JJ has been great but he's young and was injured in TC so he's starting to come around and get more time.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I would say he is good at what he is good at. He's a great safety blanket. He's not a seam splitter anymore hasn't been for a few years. But he can move the chains and knows how to find the soft spots in zones.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Saw him on the sideline.  Dude was seeing tweety birds.

Parts of the second quarter and the entire second half I had to watch from my laptop while dealing with a work related crisis so I really missed a lot. All I know is it feels good to own Dallas right now. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He is what he is at this juncture. A slow, big bodied possession receiver who's relegated to 10yd outs/ins or skinny posts - but - he's sure handed and Dak trusts him.

Interestingly......

Witten - 17 receptions on 20 targets for 173yds and 2tds.
Graham - 12 receptions on 19 targets for 132yds and 2tds.

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Haven't watched any Cowboy games, except for highlights.  Can't say that I can rate him as "awesome" or "******** horrible".  Guessing you haven't watched all their games either.

But hey, if it floats your boat to call him ********* horrible, more power to yah.

All I wanted to know was who was playing him, as I didn't notice.  And I kind of expected him to move the sticks a few times as a security blanket and that really didn't happen.

20 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

witten can't get open, he's one of the slowest players in the league.  He's basically Marcedes Lewis out there.  And then Jackson just let him get 2 straight completions in the hurry-up.  Other than that, Jackson wasn't really playing and only came on after savage got hurt

They were like 5 yard gains if I recall, you're baiting those throws in the hurry up. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

They were like 5 yard gains if I recall, you're baiting those throws in the hurry up. 

not the out route for 12 and a clock stoppage.  That one was the push off, but Jackson just looked like he had no clue that witten would try to get towards the boundary

15 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I would say he is good at what he is good at. He's a great safety blanket. He's not a seam splitter anymore hasn't been for a few years. But he can move the chains and knows how to find the soft spots in zones.

1169 catches.  12,621 yards.  70 TD's.  "********* horrible".  

17 for 173 and 2 TD's this year.  10.2 average.  Best average he had his last 4 years of playing.  

Ranks #11 in the league for catches.  #10 in yards.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

not the out route for 12 and a clock stoppage.  That one was the push off, but Jackson just looked like he had no clue that witten would try to get towards the boundary

I've already come to the conclusion Jackson is a bust as a CB. I had him rated as such after watching him at the Combine.

We'll either play him at S which is his true pro position, or he'll be cut next off-season cause Brown is better than him and Holloman will be next year.