2019 trade deadline.

RAINMAN

On 10/22/2019 at 7:52 PM, RAINMAN said:

Gerald McCoy would be a solid addition to the roster. I wonder if we can get him for a second?

He's on a 1 year deal and is 31.   Sorry, not down for giving up a 2nd.    3T is not our issue.   1T is.   If we trade for McCoy,  unless it includes Maliek Collins,  Trysten Hill would never see the field.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:54 PM, CAPJ said:

Not only do they not think their critical, they wont even spend a decent pick (3rd or 4th) on a 1T. Even that would be a significant step up than our street free agents that we plug and play.

Even worse,  it's like ok we have 1 .   No need to have 2 run stuffing DT,  in case the first guy gets injured.

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

OJ Howard has been targeted 18 times this year.  That is criminal for a player with his ability.

Throw 2nder at TB see what happens. Hell, throw a 2nd and a conditional pick if need be.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

whose to say this still wont happen?

I feel like if it was going to - it would have. The Jets likely wanted more than the front office felt comfortable with giving up. Williams is more of a 3T anyway so I don't see them doubling up on the position.

6 hours ago, D82 said:

I feel like if it was going to - it would have. The Jets likely wanted more than the front office felt comfortable with giving up. Williams is more of a 3T anyway so I don't see them doubling up on the position.

Yes but he is a major defensive tackle type player not just a fill-in 3 Tech. If the Jets asked us for number two plus maybe a fifth, I would do it