Week 6 Poll Discussions

naptownskinsfan

Sorry I didn't get this up sooner, most of my time has been spent discussing the whole Jay Gruden thing.  

So anyway, let's kick off with the AP Poll.  

1. Alabama (32) (5-0)
2. Clemson (15) (5-0)
3. Georgia (3) (5-0)
3. Ohio State (10) (6-0)
5. LSU (2) (5-0)
6. Oklahoma (5-0)
7. Florida (6-0)
8. Wisconsin (5-0)
9. Notre Dame (4-1)
10. Penn State (5-0)
11. Texas (4-1)
12. Auburn (5-1)
13. Oregon (4-1)
14. Boise State (5-0)
15. Utah (4-1)
16. Michigan (4-1)
17. Iowa (4-1)
18. Arizona State (4-1)
19. Wake Forest (5-0)
20. Virginia (4-1)
21. SMU (6-0)
22. Baylor (5-0)
23. Memphis (5-0)
24. Texas A&M (3-2)
25. Cincinnati (4-1)

1 Alabama 32 5-0
2 Clemson 20 5-0
3 Georgia 0 5-0
4 Ohio State 3 6-0
5 Oklahoma 0 5-0
6 LSU 0 5-0
7 Florida 0 6-0
8 Wisconsin 0 5-0
9 Penn State 0 5-0
10 Notre Dame 0 4-1
11 Texas 0 4-1
12 Auburn 0 5-1
13 Oregon 0 4-1
14 Boise State 0 5-0
15 Utah 0 4-1
16 Michigan 0 4-1
17 Wake Forest 0 5-0
18 Iowa 0 4-1
19 Virginia 0 4-1
20 Memphis 0 5-0
21 Texas A&M 0 3-2
22 SMU 0 6-0
23 Baylor 0 5-0
24 Arizona State 0 4-1
25 Minnesota 0 5-0

Here is the coaches poll 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm enjoying the absolute hate Oklahoma is getting.  Keep it coming.

It's not hate when they are rightfully ranked where they are. Yeah, I get it, Alabama and Clemson haven't played anyone of note but...they're Alabama and Clemson. The other 3 ahead of OU all have played someone with a pulse. 

Honestly, even if OU beats Texas this weekend, they might not make a jump in the polls. The LSU/Florida winner will take the #5 spot at minimum. 

The only team I can think of that would fall in the rankings is Ohio State but, again, it's Ohio State and they've murdered everyone just the same. All the top 6 have been impressive outside of Clemson and they aren't going to drop the defending Natty winner until they lose or someone severely outplays them all year.

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's not hate when they are rightfully ranked where they are. Yeah, I get it, Alabama and Clemson haven't played anyone of note but...they're Alabama and Clemson. The other 3 ahead of OU all have played someone with a pulse. 

Honestly, even if OU beats Texas this weekend, they might not make a jump in the polls. The LSU/Florida winner will take the #5 spot at minimum. 

The only team I can think of that would fall in the rankings is Ohio State but, again, it's Ohio State and they've murdered everyone just the same. All the top 6 have been impressive outside of Clemson and they aren't going to drop the defending Natty winner until they lose or someone severely outplays them all year.

That'e exactly my point.  You can't reward teams based on what they've done in previous years, which is exactly what you're doing.  The only two notable wins that any of the top 6 teams have is Georgia's win over Notre Dame and LSU's win over Texas.  Ohio State's cakewalk schedule is currently highlighted by a 4-2 Michigan State team while Oklahoma's schedule is highlighted by a 3-2 Texas Tech team.   At least Clemson has a solid win over A&M, which looks worse than it before the season started.  Ohio State and Oklahoma have nearly identical resumes, yet one is ranked 3rd and one is ranked 6th.

• Like 1

OU will end up playing 2-3 ranked teams by the time it's all said and done, including this week against Texas & assuming that Baylor stays ranked and the other Big XII team in the Title game is ranked (Texas again I'd assume).

Clemson may not play a single ranked team.

OSU will get Wisky/Penn State/Michigan in their final 4 weeks, and assuming that they win the East, which is not guarantee, they'll get another ranked opponent (I assume Wisconsin again, MAYBE Iowa)...if it were spread out more, I'd like their odds to come out clean, but that's a tough ask.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

OU will end up playing 2-3 ranked teams by the time it's all said and done, including this week against Texas & assuming that Baylor stays ranked and the other Big XII team in the Title game is ranked (Texas again I'd assume).

Clemson may not play a single ranked team.

OSU will get Wisky/Penn State/Michigan in their final 4 weeks, and assuming that they win the East, which is not guarantee, they'll get another ranked opponent (I assume Wisconsin again, MAYBE Iowa)...if it were spread out more, I'd like their odds to come out clean, but that's a tough ask.

Everyone out here is disrespecting the Boat....

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

LSU might but Florida doesn’t. Florida might be one of the worst 6-0 teams I have ever seen. what they turned the call over 7x last week and still won. What a joke. How does Auburn not win that game, they shouldn’t be ranked as high as they are either

Edited by buno67

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That'e exactly my point.  You can't reward teams based on what they've done in previous years, which is exactly what you're doing.  The only two notable wins that any of the top 6 teams have is Georgia's win over Notre Dame and LSU's win over Texas.  Ohio State's cakewalk schedule is currently highlighted by a 4-2 Michigan State team while Oklahoma's schedule is highlighted by a 3-2 Texas Tech team.   At least Clemson has a solid win over A&M, which looks worse than it before the season started.  Ohio State and Oklahoma have nearly identical resumes, yet one is ranked 3rd and one is ranked 6th.

You could literally shuffle the entire top 6 and nobody would *****. It's not "hating" against Oklahoma. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You could literally shuffle the entire top 6 and nobody would *****. It's not "hating" against Oklahoma. 

It's the stupid hyporcrisy of the voters.  After Week 4, we had LSU ranked 4th at 3-0, Oklahoma ranked 5th at 3-0, and then Ohio State 6th at 3-0.  Since then, Ohio State is now T-3rd with Georgia, LSU is at 5, and Oklahoma is at 6.  Ohio State's 3 wins over that time frame came against Miami (OH), Nebraska, and Michigan State.  LSU has beat Vanderbilt and Utah State since that point.  Oklahoma has beaten Texas Tech and Kansas.  I'm really struggling to see how Ohio State can FLY up the rankings, but somehow Oklahoma and a lesser extent LSU tumbles.  Ohio State hasn't done anything to justify this undying love.  They literally did the exact same thing, one team is being rewarded and another is being ignored.