Raider Injury/COVID Report

RaidersAreOne

On 7/28/2020 at 10:50 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Hopefully Lee’s “injury” that landed him on the PUP list doesn’t keep him out long.  He’s in a very unique situation.  He could end up the starter and he could be cut/waived/etc any day.

He needs to get back ASAP.... it’s not the time to milk the injury.  The good thing is I don’t think we have a padded practice for a while, so if it’s an illness than he should be back by then.

idk why Mayock’s sitting on his hands and not finishing out the roster.... it’s getting ridiculous to be honest.  We need to sign a LB more then ever.

Lee stays injured Tanner will be ready

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lee stays injured Tanner will be ready

I’m not sold on Muse being ready right away.  I’m not the only one too.  I think he’s got a lot of potential to become a good coverage LB with decent run and chase tackling skills, but he’s got some real flaws to his game and consistency issues.

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not sold on Muse being ready right away.  I’m not the only one too.  I think he’s got a lot of potential to become a good coverage LB with decent run and chase tackling skills, but he’s got some real flaws to his game and consistency issues.

Oh yea every rookie has flaws but I really value play making ability. the fact he has cle and mullens to speed up his development and understanding of the playbook is priceless imo

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oh yea every rookie has flaws but I really value play making ability. the fact he has cle and mullens to speed up his development and understanding of the playbook is priceless imo

Oh yeah obviously all rookies and young players need to develop.  But my point is Besides the obvious position change (which i feel is more of a 1/2 a position change for Muse) he will need to transform his body a decent amount plus learn to play LB for the first time and fix some pretty big flaws he has in his game.

But you really hit on a major point: having so many young guys all from the same school (Clemson) will really help their development.  Having close bonds already established will be crucial to speeding their development.  They will help each other learn the playbook, push each other to succeed, as well as, the off the field stuff like learning “professionalism” and treating this as a career and small but important things like building comradery.

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Oh yeah obviously all rookies and young players need to develop.  But my point is Besides the obvious position change (which i feel is more of a 1/2 a position change for Muse) he will need to transform his body a decent amount plus learn to play LB for the first time and fix some pretty big flaws he has in his game.

But you really hit on a major point: having so many young guys all from the same school (Clemson) will really help their development.  Having close bonds already established will be crucial to speeding their development.  They will help each other learn the playbook, push each other to succeed, as well as, the off the field stuff like learning “professionalism” and treating this as a career and small but important things like building comradery.

Agree I also like the dynamics of cle being a dline and mullens being a secondary guy allows him to cross train and learn the whole defense top to bottom.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Yes.  He has a torn labrum and is going to try and play through it.

Mike Williams hurt his shoulder now and Allen is probably now far behind with an injury.  I guess we have some new Raiders rules for WR. 

#1: Never trade for a Pittsburgh Steelers WRbecause they are never right in the head.

#2:  Never sign a Chargers WR because they are always injured.

#3: It all depends on Ruggs whether or not we are allowed to draft Alabama WRs.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Mike Williams hurt his shoulder now and Allen is probably now far behind with an injury.  I guess we have some new Raiders rules for WR. 

#1: Never trade for a Pittsburgh Steelers WRbecause they are never right in the head.

#4: If Bryan Edwards doesn't produce we can't go back to South Carolina either.  Lol...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I don't really understand #3... it's not like Cooper was a very regrettable pick. The only times Carr looked good were when he and Cooper were on the same page