Week 6 GDT: We’re Going Swimming with the Dolphins

turtle28

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And we have almost no pass rush whatsoever. I get what you’re saying but I just cannot get behind taking an inferior prospect when this is a long-term build. 

He’s a game-wrecker.  He’s what Jadeveon Clowney was supposed to be. He’s that good. 

I have heard that over and over again about different prospects. Believe it when I see it. You really can't go wrong with adding a LT, arguably the best LT in the draft, to replace your aging disgruntled all world LT who doesnt want to play here anymore. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

And lol @ the fans who wanted to trade a pick for Rosen earlier this year. 

Can you blame Rosen? The Dolphins are devoid of talent on offense. If we had traded for Rosen we wouldn’t have drafted a QB in round 1 - maybe we take Sweat @ 15 - and then we’d have a 2020 second round pick still.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Can you blame Rosen? The Dolphins are devoid of talent on offense. If we had traded for Rosen we wouldn’t have drafted a QB in round 1 - maybe we take Sweat @ 15 - and then we’d have a 2020 second round pick still.

Yes.  We saw how that offense looked with a real starting-caliber NFL QB.  Rosen is all hype.  He won't last in this league as anything more than a backup IMO.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Rosen is awful

4 hours ago, taylor made said:

You could argue Derwin James was the BPA during the draft where they drafted Da'Ron Payne.

You don't know their board and how they ranked the players though.  A lot goes into a draft board, including how well (if at all) a player was scouted, position need, combine numbers, character makeup, etc.  

6 hours ago, mike23md said:

I have heard that over and over again about different prospects. Believe it when I see it. You really can't go wrong with adding a LT, arguably the best LT in the draft, to replace your aging disgruntled all world LT who doesnt want to play here anymore. 

Which is why I'd be willing to trade further down if we end up with a coveted pick.  If you are talking about Andrew Thomas, Trey Adams is a great choice with a later pick.  If we're talking Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb at the bottom of the top 10 is still a great piece.  

I think WR/LT is going to be positions they look to cover in the draft this year, and I'd love the value of taking Adams or Lamb, along with getting extra picks.  

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Which is why I'd be willing to trade further down if we end up with a coveted pick.  If you are talking about Andrew Thomas, Trey Adams is a great choice with a later pick.  If we're talking Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb at the bottom of the top 10 is still a great piece.  

I think WR/LT is going to be positions they look to cover in the draft this year, and I'd love the value of taking Adams or Lamb, along with getting extra picks.  

Lamb before Adams. I really think we can get 1 more year out of Penn. The ideal situation for me is to get the #1 pick and trade that with Miami for 2 of their 1st round picks coming out with Lamb and Adams or Young and Lamb as our 2020 1st round picks. This is why I think it's important we finish drafting above Miami! Winning this game today really probably messed that up. I can only hope Fitzpatrick helps them get a few more Wins than us. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

we almost lost this game 

Yeap 

I am happy we won period but we gave the worst offense and defense a lot of chances to come back and win this game. We beat the worst team in the league by 1 point with six seconds left in the game. Well atleast stuck with the RG and that Mclaurin kid are some good positives. 

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Rosen wasn't free . Weren't we talking about offering our second for him . Back to square one .