ChargIRs place C Mike Pouncey on IR

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don’t understand how they haven’t completely cleaned house of their strength/conditioning, medical, and nutrition teams. This is happening every year and it isn’t always the same players. 

They have cleaned house in 2013 and 2017. Both times you saw the # of injuries go down. And then subsequently go up again the following seasons.

Edited by Xenos

20 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don’t understand how they haven’t completely cleaned house of their strength/conditioning, medical, and nutrition teams. This is happening every year and it isn’t always the same players. 

sometimes, i dont' think it matters to be honest. 

The 49ers did that this year after having large injury problems the previous 2, and we have since lost 4 starters for significant stretches (Staley out 6-8 weeks, Spoon out 4, Juice out 4-6, Trent Taylor hasn't suited up this year, nor has Jalen Hurd). 

30 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

@Bearerofnews brought all this bad juju upon his team

tragic. Chargers have had one of the better rosters on paper for 2 years running now. Its time to start looking to the future past Rivers.

I take full responsibility for this.  I have faith this wont derail them.

If they win the next 2... i predict 11-5 or better. If they lose. Then i reverse-Winston it and eat the L.

I actually am not that bothered by this injury. Feeny is better at OC than OG and this will bring Lamp in at OG.

If Chargers can just get Hunter and Okung back ASAP and Derwin soon, not to worried.

47 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

You make the naive assumption that Dean Spanos knows how to make even average-level hires in these departments?  He doesn't.  He puts his kids (who have all the football experience of having gotten, back in the day, league internships - no doubt garnered through nepotism) in charge.  Plus he's cheap when it comes to this sort of stuff.  But he doesn't let that stop him from thinking he's absolutely got a bead on the pulse of everything and the best business sense out there.

I'll say this, the front office is looking smart for waiting until December or later before extending Rivers, because Rivers might not live to see Philcember at the rate things are going.

4 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I take full responsibility for this.  I have faith this wont derail them.

If they win the next 2... i predict 11-5 or better. If they lose. Then i reverse-Winston it and eat the L.

I actually am not that bothered by this injury. Feeny is better at OC than OG and this will bring Lamp in at OG.

If Chargers can just get Hunter and Okung back ASAP and Derwin soon, not to worried.

Henry's back to practicing in limited capacity as of today.  Okung... who the hell knows?

As much as it sucks for you guys, this was probably a band-aid that needed to be yanked on at some point to determine if Feeney has the chops to merit an extension (when due) as the successor to Pouncey or whether that's another position of need to add to the list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

You make the naive assumption that Dean Spanos knows how to make even average-level hires in these departments?  He doesn't.  He puts his kids (who have all the football experience of having gotten, back in the day, league internships - no doubt garnered through nepotism) in charge.  Plus he's cheap when it comes to this sort of stuff.  But he doesn't let that stop him from thinking he's absolutely got a bead on the pulse of everything and the best business sense out there.

I'll say this, the front office is looking smart for waiting until December or later before extending Rivers, because Rivers might not live to see Philcember at the rate things are going.

This isn't true at all. They've done a lot of different things including cleaning house twice since 2013. You forget that both TT and Lynn worked together in 2017 to try to fix the problem. This has been by far the worst year.

Edited by Xenos