Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

You can’t bench a quarterback after giving him that contract. But he’s been playing bench worthy

Sure you can. The Rams are giving Gurley less carries than ever despite being essentially the highest paid RB in the league. We gave CJ Anderson the bulk of the playoff work last year despite supposedly Gurley not being hurt. I'm pretty sure the organization will make the decision that they believe gives the best shot at winning.

He's had 1 game where you can argue he's played bench worthy. If 1 game makes a QB bench worthy then there are at least 15 QBs that are bench worthy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The sentiment on Goff has gotten so bad that I think we have just reached over reaction the other way. Comments on other sites saying he isnt even a top 25 QB. 

Give me a break. He isnt that bad. 

It's because a ton of media on Twitter love to pile on him. He's an easy target because of his salary and when he bombs he really bombs. 

15 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Recency bias

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It's because a ton of media on Twitter love to pile on him. He's an easy target because of his salary and when he bombs he really bombs. 

Well, I know those feels bro. Just invest in your OL and I guarantee his play will improve. Will he reach his peak that he did? Probably not. That was absurd level of play. But he will play like a franchise QB.

17 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Also, lets not forget he is in a huge market...where players, especially QBs often get more love than they deserve or more hate.

Goff got alot of people's hopes up in that market, so if he doesnt become a top 5 QB, he will be treated like a bust.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, I know those feels bro. Just invest in your OL and I guarantee his play will improve. Will he reach his peak that he did? Probably not. That was absurd level of play. But he will play like a franchise QB.

Or the Rams need to find another Todd Gurley... Not having a MVP caliber player to take the load off will have that kind of an impact. 

Kind of like Dak and Zek. ;)

Edited by Eagles $5$

19 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Or the Rams need to find another Todd Gurley... Not having a MVP caliber player to take the load off will have that kind of an impact. 

Kind of like Dak and Zek. ;)

Its exactly like Dak and Zeke. Were people who dont understand anything about football greatly exaggerate the importance of a RB.;)

11 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Saying Tom Brady is one of the 5-10 greatest QBs in NFL history is being a Brady hater

Not if you look at more than just counting rings.  If you look at the situations guys are in and take that into account its not hating.

Someone mentioned this stat on TV recently.  Aaron Rodgers has had a top 10 defense just ONCE in the last 10 years.  It was in 2010.  He won the Super Bowl that year.   Tom Brady has had a top 10 defense 14 of the last 16 years (or something thereabouts).  And he makes it to the Super Bowl almost every year.

Context matters.  If you gave a QB like Aaron Rodgers the defenses and coaches Brady has had he probably wins more titles and is the GOAT.  Rings are about circumstance as much as talent.