Matt Patricia looks to be FIRST successful HC from Belichick tree

Activated10

Will Patricia be a successful coach for Lions  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Patricia will become the FIRST successful HC from Belichick tree

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/27/2019 at 08:15 AM

I can't lie, I expected the Lions to win 4-6 games and have a top 10 pick. Definitely didn't have them competing for a playoff spot as I thought Lions had average talent and players didn't like Matt Patricia so thought players would quit on Patricia this year but damn I was wrong. 

Detroit Lions look like a tough physical team that has a solid chance of playoffs. Looks like Matt Patricia might become FIRST HC to be successful from the Belichick tree.

Do you see Patricia continuing his success for next few years or is this just a flukey Lions season and Patricia will be fired in a few years. 

He may have found his footing, but honestly I feel like he was on the brink of getting run out of town, and it wouldn't surprise me if things turned FAST for him at some point and he loses the team.

But so far this season, it's been really surprising. I give him ZERO credit as a coordinator on the Pats.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Past winner and current leader of powerhouse AFC South division Bill O'Brien might have something to say about that.

As would @ET80

You mean the guy whose a terrible coach but somehow wins enough to keep his job in a weak division?

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

You mean the guy whose a terrible coach but somehow wins enough to keep his job in a weak division?

Dude I have a friend who is a Patriots fan and he's the biggest BOB defender. His logic is literally "BOB is a good coach because he's won the AFC South 3 times since he's been there." Completely leaving out context that the Texans have generally had a ton of talent and that the AFC South was terrible in 15-16. It would be like someone arguing Norv Turner was a good head coach because he won a terrible AFC west in 07, 08, 09 after inheriting one of the most stacked rosters of the 21st century. Completely ignores all context.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Dude I have a friend who is a Patriots fan and he's the biggest BOB defender. His logic is literally "BOB is a good coach because he's won the AFC South 3 times since he's been there." Completely leaving out context that the Texans have generally had a ton of talent and that the AFC South was terrible in 15-16. It would be like someone arguing Norv Turner was a good head coach because he won a terrible AFC west in 07, 08, 09 after inheriting one of the most stacked rosters of the 21st century. Completely ignores all context.

Jeff Fisher went to a superbowl are you trying to tell me that he's not a great coach?

• Like 1

Matt patricia is the FIRST coach to embrace the idea NFL HCs should look weird and wear sweatshirts all of the time since the hoodie became the hoodie. 

but seriously, he has built a NE style defense in the sense they dont run a true scheme. Whatever they run is gameplan specific and they can literally do anything they feel gives them a chance to win that week. Its the first time someone has ACTUALLY been able to replicate what makes NE great. 

Took a while for the players to buy in, but he has them playing really good ball and it feels like they just show up every week and play smart football. 

Good for Detroit, these fans deserve a good team.  

• Like 4