Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

Any news on Orr?   I think losing him hurt us defensively. 

I'll begrudgingly give OSU credit - they made the adjustment and UW did not.  Not getting hardly any yards the entire second half?  lol   We really don't deserve any of the better bowl games this year.  We were lucky the West is not as strong as the Eastern division.

That was such classic Wisconsin getting our hopes up. 21-7, complete domination? If we blow them out could we maybe?..... 

>27 unanswered 

Deja vu from 1st meeting where the D just gets dominated after dominating. Not sure what that’s about. OSU offensive staff masters of adjustment? Our front getting tired?

The 2nd half playcalling made no sense, although the OL just started getting overmatched so not sure what could have changed. 

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Until this school changes its enrollment requirements and can recruit the top players in the country like OSU, Alabama, Georgia, etc., it will remain a nice program that gets rolled against the top programs in the country every year.

I'm very naive. Does UW have strict requirements to enroll compared to other universities?

6 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm very naive. Does UW have strict requirements to enroll compared to other universities?

Tend not to bend much for student athletes, very rarely make exceptions. Which is to say to play football at Wisconsin you generally have to have a somewhat similar academic resume to anyone else who gets in, at least relative to other schools. Most programs at or above Wisconsin's level give football recruits significant leeway and will probably let in anybody if they're good enough and can graduate HS. 

It's why Gary Anderson left, he was at odds with admissions often because they wouldn't let in several guys, especially JUCO, that he would get to commit.

However, I think the the relatively strict requirements are only a part of the equation when it comes to why Wisconsin's recruiting to on field success ratio is likely the worst in the country.

• Like 2

JT23, the model of consistency. Arguably the greatest statistical RB in FBS history.

2017: 299 carries, 1977 yards, 6.6 YPC, 13 TD
2018: 307 carries, 2194 yards, 7.1 YPC, 16 TD
2019: 299 carries, 1909 yards, 6.4 YPC, 21 TD

Also has the FBS record of 12 200 yard rushing games. He's tied with several others with three 1500 yard rushing seasons.

Three career records he won't though. One is most career 100 yard rushing games. He's at 32, the record is 34 (DeAngelo Williams). The other is obviously the NCAA rushing record unless he runs for 326 yards vs Oregon lol. Donnel Pomphrey is the official leader at 6405 even though Ron Dayne is at 7105 because they didn't count bowl games then (they should honestly retroactively apply stats to fit the new rules for career records). The final one is career rushing TDs. He's at 50 and the record is 88. 

Still, he did this in 3 years with no redshirt on a team that had crap for QB and crap playcalling. That just shows you how insanely talented he is.

• Like 1

He's officially #5 on the all time list with a shot to finish top 3 with a 200 yard game vs Oregon.

1.) Donnel Pomphrey (San Diego State) - 6405 yards in 54 games
2.) Ron Dayne (Wisconsin) - 6397 yards in 43 games
3.) Ricky Williams (Texas) - 6279 yards in 46 games
4.) 
Tony Dorsett (Pittsburgh) - 6082 yards in 43 games
5.) 
Jonathan Taylor (Wisconsin) - 6080 yards in 40 games

Edited by beekay414

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

gross

This is the current reality for the entire Pac 12 and Big 10 team outside of OSU.

If you aren't Clemson, OSU, LSU, Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia right now, a conference championship appearance and an appearance in your conferences top bowl game is the pinnacle of an excellent season.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This is the current reality for the entire Pac 12 and Big 10 team outside of OSU.

If you aren't Clemson, OSU, LSU, Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia right now, a conference championship appearance and an appearance in your conferences top bowl game is the pinnacle of an excellent season.

And the only reason LSU is on that list is because the number 1 overall pick transferred there. They got stupid lucky.

We're among the best of the CFB scraps. That's the reality for the foreseeable future.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:13 PM, JTagg7754 said:

Our football team had a median ACT score of 24 two years ago. That is the 70th percentile as a median.

LSU's was 17. That is the 30th percentile. 16 is considered the cut off for collegiate literate.

LSU's DC (someone can correct me in this just what I heard) made more money than all the Wisconsin assistants combined.

Our athletic department has traditionally been the second most profitable in the country because we don't spend any money. We funnel that money back into the University and our stupid academics.

LSU spends hella money on its program outside of just the staff. 

Consequently LSU is the #1 seed and we're in the Rose Bowl.

• Like 1