Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

57 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think next year is your guys time to strike and get to the playoffs. OSU will be weaker without Fields.

This year should be about developing Mertz.

that is true there will be no fields but potentially the entire team around the QB will be stronger than this year or at least better at a talent stand point. Stroud might be the real deal and will have a year under his belt being the back up and hopefully sees a lot of playing time do to blow outs.

Next year, it will easily be Wisky and tOSU and than everybody else.

Wisky might be a lot better offensivey next year than this year but I believe tOSU Will be better defensively next year than this year.

I just hope they dont play each other in the regular season next year because they will meet in the title game. Dont want to see one of the teams hurt because they beat the same team twice. If there is a team in the big10 I would want to see win the Natty its. Wisky, Iowa, or NW. Everyone else can go pound salt

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

So far Nebraska is giving OSU a game.   Next week won't be as easy as it was against Illinois.

The only thing you need to worry about is Nebraska trying cheap shots on Mertz when you’re pounding them 45-10.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Day became co-OC/QB in Jan ‘17, Mertz committed in Oct ‘17 

Yep got my years mixed up. ‘17 was lone year with JTB, ‘18 was lone year with Haskins, and ‘19 was first year with fields. 

guess it worked out. If tOSU gets mertz, they might not have landed Fields as a transfer. Both sides won out

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The only thing you need to worry about is Nebraska trying cheap shots on Mertz when you’re pounding them 45-10.

Yes, I noticed they got flagged for targeting a couple of times.  OSU took care of the Huskers by half time.

23 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

That was the year we wanted Mertz but when it was apparent he wasn’t flipping we took Dwan Mathis by default, who flipped on SD when rumors surfaced Fields was coming.

And before we went after Mertz, we also thought Grant Gunnell was going to be a Buckeye.

20 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Nebraska won't be an issue. They can't pass the ball and run defense is our absolute strong suite. Just play the QB tho. Can't let Martinez/McCaffrey do what Peters did last night. 

Long term there were some mistakes that we should be able to learn from. Herbig completely screwed up early in the game, for example. He's good enough that I bet he isn't making that mistake against Fields.

By the way, we didn't talk about this because of the Mertz hype, but Titus Toler played really well in the second string defense and Logan Brown looked hilariously good at LT; just mauling guys in the run game. CD got in the game and didn't get a chance to do anything but block, still though that's important for him to put on film. I think all 3 of those guys are going to start to earn minutes, and as much as Rucci wasn't the reason the run blocking wasn't great, it might not be a bad idea to add Brown as a blocking TE sometimes. Toler is gonna get minutes solely because of targeting at some point.

And as much as it was against Illinois in garbage time, I think it says a lot that Chryst was willing to put in any true freshman given that they haven't had any non-conference game, a full spring, or a normal fall. 

• Like 1