Should the NL implement the DH?

NewAge

DH in the NL?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. DH in the NL?

All it does is force the use of your players and in extra innings it can spell trouble. Most of the time it just ends up being something players have to play around AND it puts starting pitchers at risk of injury when it's completely unnecessary. 

I used to be for it because "hermahgerd 9 on 9"

No. We need to stop making the sport specialized. Sometimes it is inevtiable like in the pen. But we shouldn't do it by rule.

Now, with that said I do think NL having the DH is preferable to having different rules for different leagues. 

So my preferences are: 1. Get rid of the DH in the AL, 2. Add the DH to the NL, 3. The current system sucks

15 hours ago, mse326 said:

No. We need to stop making the sport specialized. Sometimes it is inevtiable like in the pen. But we shouldn't do it by rule.

Now, with that said I do think NL having the DH is preferable to having different rules for different leagues. 

So my preferences are: 1. Get rid of the DH in the AL, 2. Add the DH to the NL, 3. The current system sucks

I'm 100% on board that both leagues need the same rules. It's fairly ridiculous that they've gone so many years this way. MLBPA will never allow the DH to be abolished, so we may as well just put it in the NL too.

I Like the strategy that can be involved in the NL because of the pitcher batting, and I don't mind having to endure watching most of them hit. And watching pitchers who can rake has a weird sort of entertainment value. My preference would be to have the same rule in both leagues though. So at least make a decision one way or the other. But I'd prefer getting rid of the DH in the AL as opposed to adding it in the NL

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I Like the strategy that can be involved in the NL because of the pitcher batting, and I don't mind having to endure watching most of them hit. And watching pitchers who can rake has a weird sort of entertainment value. My preference would be to have the same rule in both leagues though. So at least make a decision one way or the other. But I'd prefer getting rid of the DH in the AL as opposed to adding it in the NL

I keep hearing the "strategy" part of the game, and used to think that myself, but just don't get it any more. The "strategy" only comes from having someone so godawful that it's hard to watch.

If the NBA required that each team play with one randomly selected member of the audience for 5 minutes, there would be more strategy in the game. Do you put the fat middle aged white father of 3 with your best players or your worst? Do you play him only when the other team is also playing a fat middle aged father of 3 or are you willing to go 5 on 4 because you'll get a 5 on 4 later? Way more thinking.

And also way more terrible.

Archived