Week 8: Washington (1-6) at VIKINGS (5-2)

swede700

The Vikings had six of their eight possessions on the night net over 50 yards and Minnesota did not punt the entire evening. It’s the first time Minnesota has gone without a single punt since a 38-31 win over the New Orleans Saints in 2004.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/24/dalvin-cook-touchdown-dan-bailey-field-goals-lift-vikings-to-19-9-win-over-washington/

So, Cousins only threw 3 incompletions on his way to setting a franchise record for completion percentage in a game. 

Those 3 incompletions were two throw always on busted bootlegs, and a drop by Cook (which might have been a TD). That’s a very good game. 

This was another great game for Cousins. He didn’t get the ball into the end zone, but I saw a lot of things from him that we’ve been hoping to see. Strong presence in the pocket, climbing the pocket, using his legs to create space and time to throw, throwing off platform, and making smart decisions with the ball. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This was another great game for Cousins. He didn’t get the ball into the end zone, but I saw a lot of things from him that we’ve been hoping to see. Strong presence in the pocket, climbing the pocket, using his legs to create space and time to throw, throwing off platform, and making smart decisions with the ball. 

very accurate too. passes right to the receivers' hands and chests.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Cousins didn't have a passing td? I guess he still can't play in primetime

You’re acting as if people who say that have no validity to their words. He played well tonight, yes.  That’s one game against a Redskins.

That is one of the three worst in the league. Our defense only looked decent against Haskins, and I’d be more worried about that than being snarky about Cousins.  His criticism is deserved but the praise offered to him this season is also deserved. 

I’m not ready to say he is a prime time phenom. We will see how he performs against KC next Sunday.   That will say a lot. 

Edited by Torchezim
  • Like 1