Week 8: Washington (1-6) at VIKINGS (5-2)

swede700

Just now, swede700 said:

No, actually I'd still keep him as a starter...while he may be the weak link of the starters, he's still good enough to get by with...he's truly not really hurting the defense all that much, even though it may seem like it at times.  

He’s one of the lowest ranked CBs this year and routinely commits penalties. You could probably throw Hill out there as a starter and get better results. I don’t think he’s good enough at this stage, and had Keenum played the entire game, this defense probably gives up 300 passing yards to him.

7 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Not the best of the games, but I was lucky enough to be on the field pre-game and down in the 360 club on the rail as the players came in and out.

1.  Kirk was super pumped after the win, the most emotion I've seen out of him
2.  Bisi Johnson and Eric Wilson are all about the fans
3.  Got to catch (and throw back) one of Stefon Diggs pre-game passes
4.  Danielle Hunter, Anthony Barr, and Jayron Kearse are not of the same species as the rest of us
5.  Alexander Mattison is also huge
6.  Britton Colquitt is a riot
7.  Randall McDaniel looks like he could still throw on the pads

1337. We won the game

that's awesome! where does that rank in your experiences as a fan?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whitehops said:

that's awesome! where does that rank in your experiences as a fan?

Easily on top.

On the field we were down by the Viking Ship and a lot of the player families, wives, girlfriends were down there so a lot of players, and Kevin Stefasnki, came right up near us.  Idk the dude that I was standing next to, but he knew basically all of the DBs, so Mike Hughes, Kris Boyd, Jayron Kearse, and Mack Alexander came right up to us.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The 4th CB still gets quite a bit of playing time.

Side note, can a player be traded while under the concussion protocol?

But is Rhodes one of the best 4 CBs on the team with Hill returning? Your 4th CB is also going to have a big role on special teams. Can Rhodes do that? 

Just now, swede700 said:

Only 2 and he was actually in good coverage, Stafford threw good balls on both of them.  

While that's true, I think we've come to expect more out of Rhodes than "good coverage". Sure, guys are going to get beat sometimes, but the really good CBs make up for it by stopping great passes. Rhodes doesn't get his head around anymore, he certainly looks slower and I think that causes him to grab, and he's missing tackles. If his physical abilities are declining he's going to have to figure out how to play smarter. He's been bad this year.

46 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

But is Rhodes one of the best 4 CBs on the team with Hill returning? Your 4th CB is also going to have a big role on special teams. Can Rhodes do that? 

Hill hasn't played yet this season. I wouldn't trust him to jump right back into a big role