Week 8: Washington (1-6) at VIKINGS (5-2)

swede700

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I’m with you. I can’t understand why you wouldn’t give it to Cook or Mattison or Ham.

and if you watch it again, the ends of the line all got forward push on their defenders, but the interior collapsed right away. so regardless of who was carrying the ball, why run it in the weakest spot? shortest distance to the first down line? well yeah, but it's not like it worked.

Edited by vike daddy

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

A QB sneak is the right call, it has the highest probability of success.

But I felt as though it was the wrong decision to go for it inside your own 35. A punt forces Washington to go 70+ yards.

Wasn’t it pretty much a full yard to go. I’d agree with a QB sneak if it was 4th and inches, but a full yard completely changes that for me. Wouldn’t have minded a fake to Ham and flip it out to Cook, probably would have had a better chance than what was called.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d agree with a QB sneak if it was 4th and inches, but a full yard completely changes that for me.

Co-sign. 

I like the decision to go for it, love QB sneaks on 4th and inches, but needing a full yard with a smallish QB I’d rather see them hand it off.   

4 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Going for it did seem out of character for him. For those wanting him to be more aggressive on 4th down, this isn't going to help

Alas,I think you are correct. I'm the biggest go for it guy here, probably, and I think we just saw the last unless they have to.