MNF- Patriots @ Jets

KingOfNewYork

MNF Thread- Patriots @ Jets  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Patriots
    • Jets

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I really hope, but after watching his head get beat in for the last few weeks with the horrific offensive line-- I expect a game similar to the 49ers MNF game 2 weeks ago. 

No time to throw, 3 step drop and get immediately sacked and a lot of CBs jumping quick slant routes trying to get the ball out before he gets obliterated

And they’re shuffling the OL around 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Pats are best team I've seen since 07 Pats, maybe better

They've literally played a cake schedule. There is no true measure to determine how good they are unlike other teams that have a winning record, they haven't played any quality teams other than Buffalo, even then, Josh Allen sucks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Easily the most maddening thing about the Patriots is how they can put any weapons out there and they'll look good. Big part is Brady of course, scheme, all that, but there is an element of them just playing a level beyond what they're thought capable of. I guess credit to coaching? Although it's not like their WR/RB/TE coaches have been the same.

We struggle to work it out too. It's got to be coaching and reps, right? I think Brady pushes the offensive guys pretty hard too, and it wouldn't be a nice feeling letting him down. General culture of not effing up has been built, I guess.

48 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

That's how to NOT play Brady and co. Coverage too soft, the rushers left in were too ill-disciplined = equals open targets and pocket easily maneuvered. 

This. If Pats receivers had been able to catch that actually could have been a lot worse. They left at least 10 points out there.

23 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This is a performance that could single handedly sink Darnold's career. Its really hard for a young kid to bounce back after a route like this to a division rival on prime time. Feel bad for the guy.

It's more on the HC honestly. Gase came in with a horrific gameplan. They couldn't even shift properly on the line to counter the extra edge rushers. 

Edited by Howler

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I really hope, but after watching his head get beat in for the last few weeks with the horrific offensive line-- I expect a game similar to the 49ers MNF game 2 weeks ago. 

No time to throw, 3 step drop and get immediately sacked and a lot of CBs jumping quick slant routes trying to get the ball out before he gets obliterated

EDIT

Edited by Howler

45 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This is a performance that could single handedly sink Darnold's career. Its really hard for a young kid to bounce back after a route like this to a division rival on prime time. Feel bad for the guy.

I don't get this take. Darnold was barely even hit in this game. If he gets shook long term over excellent/confusing coverage then he's soft. We've see young QBs get blitzed and destroyed or even mess up their knee or get a serious concussion and bounce back strong. That was a thorough beatdown in a football sense, but what's there to feel bad for Darnold about?

Edited by wackywabbit