gdt8: mesomorphic peckers versus KC kief's 2019 exclusive (MNF): bashaud's return to gorgeos green bay 2019 + "the incomparable" tony brown recoups his starting position PART UN

FinneasGage

la personne qui porte vingt-huit ans est celle qui nous sauve  

51 members have voted

1. 1. how the peck men gonna finish em

• godgers w/ the golden gogoplata (ate only asparagus)
    • JK47 w/ axe kick to the parietal lobe
    • martyred velveetas-sandalman w/ the osp (von flue) choke (4.38 speed)
    • zad'arce smith w/ the CHOP to the frontal lobe (previously utilized)
    • tony brown

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

As opposed to play off and give them all the time and space in the world.  It's Moore - not Mahomes.  I, and others here are laughing at your absolute paranoia of Moore.  It's really the funniest thing I've read on this forum all week.  And you don't have to jam the receivers - just don't play back 10 yards.  My God you're paranoid - you've actually convinced yourself that I drank your cool-aid!  ROTFLOL!  

I don't have a dog in this fight but on a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being absolutely certain, how certain are you of your position?

The Chiefs first score came on an over the top pass to Kelce where the Packers played up.  Going tight man also exposes the team to being gashed in the run.

I am not saying that it is the wrong answer, but it just isn't clear to me that it would have been a better plan.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't have a dog in this fight but on a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being absolutely certain, how certain are you of your position?

The Chiefs first score came on an over the top pass to Kelce where the Packers played up.  Going tight man also exposes the team to being gashed in the run.

I am not saying that it is the wrong answer, but it just isn't clear to me that it would have been a better plan.

If that was the Kelce lob thing, I don't think that really had anything to do with coverage necessarily as much as just a screw up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

If that was the Kelce lob thing, I don't think that really had anything to do with coverage necessarily as much as just a screw up

I don't know. They ended up with Martinez on Kelce which is a mismatch.  

It was a creative play with a lot going on, and it is what you expose yourself to with that team and an aggressive coverage scheme.

11 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The way KC motioned Hill and others last night, "tight" m2m coverage wasn't always even an option.  But playing 10-12 yards off the line was a detriment.  There's several different types of zone coverages and in certain situations against certain schemes, it's very effective.  Last night's scheme by GB was probably better suited for a big arm QB like Mahomes.  I was never really worried about getting torched by Moore.  I was more worried about the death by thousand yards after the catch with the soft coverage.  Luckily, we won.

Edited by Sasquatch

Just now, Sasquatch said:

The way KC motioned Hill and others last night, "tight" m2m coverage wasn't always even an option.  But playing 10-12 yards off the line was a detriment.  There's several different types of zone coverages and in certain situations against certain schemes, it's very effective.  Last night's scheme by GB was probably better suited for a big arm QB like Mahomes.  I was never really worried about getting torched by Moore.  I was more worried about the death thousand yards after the catch with the soft coverage.  Luckily, we won.

So why do you think Pettine played it that way?  

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think that's what we've been debating last night and today.  Probably a combination of his feelings about his personnel grouping and possibly to let Moore rack up yards, run 60 plus offensive plays, only to run out of scoring opportunities at the end of the game.  It's a gamble - Pettine won.  I would've liked to have seen him try and disrupt Moore and the short, quick passes by using some disguised stunts and playing a little closer to the line.  And, I'd be fully prepared to accept that Moore might actually connect on something over the top.  Given that his Oline consisted of three (3) backups, and given that he was coaching HS football a few months ago, and given the wind conditions swirling in that stadium last night, soft zone is the last coverage I personally would've tried.  But we won right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I think that's what we've been debating last night and today.  Probably a combination of his feelings about his personnel grouping and possibly to let Moore rack up yards, run 60 plus offensive plays, only to run out of scoring opportunities at the end of the game.  It's a gamble - Pettine won.  I would've liked to have seen him try and disrupt Moore and the short, quick passes by using some disguised stunts and playing a little closer to the line.  And, I'd be fully prepared to accept that Moore might actually connect on something over the top.  Given that his Oline consisted of three (3) backups, and given that he was coaching HS football a few months ago, and given the wind conditions swirling in that stadium last night, soft zone is the last coverage I personally would've tried.  But we won right?

I figured Pettine miscalculated how often our front 4 could win vs their depleted line. He likely envisioned dominance where our 4 were getting home and we had 7 back to disrupt passing lanes and gets hands on balls .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

He wasn't going to give anything cheap.  Make them drive the length of the field and hope they make a mistake.  Turn the ball over.  We got one which was just enough to win the game.  Personally I hate that defense.  Be aggressive and let the chips fall where they may.  Bend but don't break to me means your defense sucks.  Yes we won but I absolutely hated the defensive game plan.  Made it way too easy for Moore.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I figured Pettine miscalculated how often our front 4 could win vs their depleted line. He likely envisioned dominance where our 4 were getting home and we had 7 back to disrupt passing lanes and gets hands on balls .

That's a good take and certainly plausible.

14 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

He was scared of Hill and figured the more passes you gave Moore the more likely a mistake was coming for a turnover. Problem is he never blitzed him and the front 4 was mediocre in pass rush. Moore had time and he had short and intermediate routes that are low risk available to him all night. 

You always play aggressive against bad QBs IMO, Pettine has stunk since Savage went down. My hope is now that Savage is back and we're done playing a WR with Hill's speed for the season, we can go back to being an exotic defense and not one of the most bland groups in the NFL. We're wasting Jaire and King playing them in soft zone. We're getting no pressures or sacks from DBs and LBs because they're not blitzing. The whole thing has been a big contrast from weeks 1-4 and our production on defense has fallen with it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He was scared of Hill and figured the more passes you gave Moore the more likely a mistake was coming for a turnover. Problem is he never blitzed him and the front 4 was mediocre in pass rush. Moore had time and he had short and intermediate routes that are low risk available to him all night. 

You always play aggressive against bad QBs IMO, Pettine has stunk since Savage went down. My hope is now that Savage is back and we're done playing a WR with Hill's speed for the season, we can go back to being an exotic defense and not one of the most bland groups in the NFL. We're wasting Jaire and King playing them in soft zone. We're getting no pressures or sacks from DBs and LBs because they're not blitzing. The whole thing has been a big contrast from weeks 1-4 and our production on defense has fallen with it.

Exactly!