gdt8: mesomorphic peckers versus KC kief's 2019 exclusive (MNF): bashaud's return to gorgeos green bay 2019 + "the incomparable" tony brown recoups his starting position PART UN

FinneasGage

la personne qui porte vingt-huit ans est celle qui nous sauve  

51 members have voted

1. 1. how the peck men gonna finish em

• godgers w/ the golden gogoplata (ate only asparagus)
    • JK47 w/ axe kick to the parietal lobe
    • martyred velveetas-sandalman w/ the osp (von flue) choke (4.38 speed)
    • zad'arce smith w/ the CHOP to the frontal lobe (previously utilized)
    • tony brown

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

What are you so upset about?  We won doing what we did.  Quickness kills for KC and we struggled even on short routes.  One wrong step and they have 3 guys who run 4.4 and under plus the best tight end in the league.  We suck at tackling period so you think we're going to do that with those type guys in space?   Bend, not break was the key to this game and it worked!  Not cocky at all … you said CRUSH so who's cocky?  Think it will be a tight game with KC winning but Vikings crushing them …  sounds cocky on your part, not mine.  Plus it's Kool-Aid but if KC wins it WILL be Cool Aid for the Pack.

We struggled on the short routes because we literally gave the fastest guys in the NFL time and space to kill us.  Add on that we can't tackle in space, and you're asking to get smoked.  Play up, or m2m, pressure Moore and disrupt him and those fast timing routes, and see what happens.  IF, and I mean a big IF, Moore beats you deep, then adjust.  Guys tackle much better when they're close - which playing up and m2m affords.  

You:  "We suck at tackling period so you think we're going to do that with those type guys in space?"   Dude, the scheme we played last night gave them a TON of space, what the heck are you talking about, LOL.  I'm thinking the cool-aid drinker is you, says this cocky guy.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

We struggled on the short routes because we literally gave the fastest guys in the NFL time and space to kill us.  Add on that we can't tackle in space, and you're asking to get smoked.  Play up, or m2m, pressure Moore and disrupt him and those fast timing routes, and see what happens.  IF, and I mean a big IF, Moore beats you deep, then adjust.  Guys tackle much better when they're close - which playing up and m2m affords.  

You:  "We suck at tackling period so you think we're going to do that with those type guys in space?"   Dude, the scheme we played last night gave them a TON of space, what the heck are you talking about, LOL.  I'm thinking the cool-aid drinker is you, says this cocky guy.

Totally agree.  Hated the game plan.  Had McCoy not coughed it up we very well would have been looking at a L.  Death by a thousand cuts.  Bend but don't break is a term I abhor.   Go big or go home.  

• Like 1

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

It sucks, but I think it was pretty obvious that the game plan last night was to give up the underneath stuff and not get beat vertically with KC's speed.

Even though Matt Moore doesn't have a deep ball really.

Agreed.  I think we had a great scheme for Mahomes, but I'm a bit of a gambler and I'd have played not as soft with Moore.  

36 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

This is a world of what have you done for me lately.  He's not a #2 receiver … maybe a 3 or a 4.  You need somebody to step up more than 1-2 catches a game.  A big play threat is nice if he produces.  (He dropped a catchable bomb yesterday)  Potential has gotten many a coach fired.  We have gotten by nicely without Adams but need him desperately down the road.  Let MVS grow as our 3-4 receiver but to "ride him and hope for improved skillset",  I'm not so convinced.  

You dont understand what makes a deep threat, or how they operate and that's ok.

Let me know who you'd rather have in this "what have you done lately world"?

Calvin Ridley? Ted Ginn? Gee I hope not. Curtis Samuel? DK Metcalf? Emmanuel Sanders isnt having the year he is. Hell Robert Woods and Brandin Cooks arent having wildly better years than MVS. MVS is a FINE #2. 

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

You dont understand what makes a deep threat, or how they operate and that's ok.

Let me know who you'd rather have in this "what have you done lately world"?

Calvin Ridley? Ted Ginn? Gee I hope not. Curtis Samuel? DK Metcalf? Emmanuel Sanders isnt having the year he is. Hell Robert Woods and Brandin Cooks arent having wildly better years than MVS. MVS is a FINE #2. 

He's practically nonexistent in the short to medium route tree. Rodgers doesn't really look for him. Look at his targets for the last 4 games (2,3,2, 4). That's way down for an alleged #2. 

Edited by Howler
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Howler said:

He's practically nonexistent in the short to medium route tree. Rodgers doesn't really look for him. Look at his targets of late. That's way down for an alleged #2. 

Good night, you dont think He's capable of running a drag? We're using MVS a certain way, if he makes the catch he drops yesterday hes got another big gainer. You think DK Metcalf is running the full tree? That's Seattles #2.

Calvin Ridley is the Falcons #2, MVS is having a pretty similar year to that.

Edited by HighCalebR

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Josh Jackson (2nd - 2018), Oren Burks (3rd - 2017) and Adams (3rd - 2018) are giving us next to nothing week after week. Can't have that from your Day 2 picks. Imagine this defense if Burks was roaming the middle of the field and Adams could give you a sack even every 3 games and some consistent pressure...

To expound on your excellent point, here are the Packers 10 day 2 picks since 2015.

Quentin Rollins, Ty Montgomery, Jason Spriggs, Kyler Fackrell, Josh Jones, Montravious Adams, Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, Elgton Jenkins, and Jace Sternberger.

So out of those 10 picks, there is exactly 1 starter on the current team, two mediocre contributors, two minimal contributors, and an injured rookie.

Trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a (hoped for) immediate contributor should not be out of the question.

• Like 2

I went to PFF and looked at WR's.  Basically taking their stuff and looking to see if MVS has cracked the top 64 receivers in the league indicating he's a true #2.  Here is what I found...

Adams is still #3 with an 88.2 score.  

MVS is #68 with a score of 64.2.  

Allison is #96 with a score of 58.1.

Kumerow is #101 with a score of 55.4.  (How DARE they?)

Lazard doesn't have enough snaps to qualify, but his overall score is 75.3, boosted by an ungodly run score of 87.9.

Shep comes in with a score of 44.6.

9 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Good night, you dont think He's capable of running a drag? We're using MVS a certain way, if he makes the catch he drops yesterday hes got another big gainer. You think DK Metcalf is running the full tree? That's Seattles #2.

Calvin Ridley is the Falcons #2, MVS is having a pretty similar year to that.

I don't see the smoothness out of breaks for him to be a #2. He's way too mechanical like Metcalf. 

Seattle has problems if they have such a one dimensional player as their #2. I don't know what the issue is with Ridley. I'll give you that. 

As far as the rams, their entire downfield passing attack has been handicapped by their abysmal line play.

Edited by Howler

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

To expound on your excellent point, here are the Packers 10 day 2 picks since 2015.

Quentin Rollins, Ty Montgomery, Jason Spriggs, Kyler Fackrell, Josh Jones, Montravious Adams, Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, Elgton Jenkins, and Jace Sternberger.

So out of those 10 picks, there is exactly 1 starter on the current team, two mediocre contributors, two minimal contributors, and an injured rookie.

Trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a (hoped for) immediate contributor should not be out of the question.

While I liked your post, Adams was a second round pick.  As was King.  I get what you are saying, though.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

While I liked your post, Adams was a second round pick.  As was King.  I get what you are saying, though.  

I didn't go back to 2014 with Adams (or Khyri Thornton or Richard Rodgers from round 3) as I was just looking at the past 10, but yep forgot that King was the first pick of the 2017 draft at the top of round 2, so 2 starters out of 11 is more accurate.

5 minutes ago, Howler said:

I don't see the smoothness out of breaks for him to be a #2. He's way too mechanical like Metcalf. 

Seattle has problems if they have such a one dimensional player as their #2. I don't know what the issue is with Ridley. I'll give you that. 

As far as the rams, their entire downfield passing attack has been handicapped by their abysmal lien play.

That's how deep threats exist in this league, GB hasnt really employed that guy for quite awhile, if he was silky and ran the whole tree fluently he would no longer be a #2 ala Jordy growing into the #1. MVS needs the snaps to grow.

• Like 1