gdt8: mesomorphic peckers versus KC kief's 2019 exclusive (MNF): bashaud's return to gorgeos green bay 2019 + "the incomparable" tony brown recoups his starting position PART UN

FinneasGage

la personne qui porte vingt-huit ans est celle qui nous sauve  

51 members have voted

1. 1. how the peck men gonna finish em

• godgers w/ the golden gogoplata (ate only asparagus)
    • JK47 w/ axe kick to the parietal lobe
    • martyred velveetas-sandalman w/ the osp (von flue) choke (4.38 speed)
    • zad'arce smith w/ the CHOP to the frontal lobe (previously utilized)
    • tony brown

Agree with Greg, this should be a very tough game for the Packers, Mahomes or not.  

Think it would be a huge win for us.  Operating the offense in that noisy stadium with our weak receiving crew is going to be difficult, and rodgers doesn't normally seem to operate as well on the road in the noise.  Don't think many (any?) of us would have projected a win on the road in KC entering this season.   Tacking another win on, on the road, gets you a big step closer to the playoffs; and/or bye; and/or some home-field advantage.  

I'd also really, really love to stay a game up on the Vikings!  

Packers won 6 games last season.  *IF* they were able to pick up win #7 this year, in October, that would be very cool.  :):):)

Hope they can do it somehow or other.   

42 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Mahomes or not, I think the Chiefs are going to be pumped for this game. They have to be sick of hearing how they are the underdog on their own field (with one of the best fan bases in the NFL) and also hearing about Aaron Rodgers' perfect passer rating game. And it is doubtful that Rodgers and his raggedy bunch of receivers can do anything similar to last week when they are playing on the road.

I see a score in the 20s with the Chiefs winning by one. I hope I'm wrong. Obviously it's a guess because a game that close will be decided by one or two plays. 

Why

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Agree with Greg, this should be a very tough game for the Packers, Mahomes or not.  

Think it would be a huge win for us.  Operating the offense in that noisy stadium with our weak receiving crew is going to be difficult, and rodgers doesn't normally seem to operate as well on the road in the noise.  Don't think many (any?) of us would have projected a win on the road in KC entering this season.   Tacking another win on, on the road, gets you a big step closer to the playoffs; and/or bye; and/or some home-field advantage.  

I'd also really, really love to stay a game up on the Vikings!  

Packers won 6 games last season.  *IF* they were able to pick up win #7 this year, in October, that would be very cool.  :):):)

Hope they can do it somehow or other.   

Why

Looking forward, one of the biggest reasons we need a W in this game is because next week the Vikings play at KC. If Mahomes is still out, look for Minny to win that game. We can't give up ground in another common game (already lost the Philly battle there). If we think the Vikings are going to win next week against KC, we have to get a win as well. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

If it's one or two plays, per the prior post by Greg C, I'll take GB and Rodgers over KC and Moore.

I just dont understand which matchups dont favor us or are at least a push outside of Tyreek and Kelce. But still Moore has to get it there consistently. 

Just now, HighCalebR said:

I just dont understand which matchups dont favor us or are at least a push outside of Tyreek and Kelce. But still Moore has to get it there consistently. 

Someone said it earlier....  I do have Dom Capers on the mind when a backup QB is playing GB.

That's my real concern, justified by years of watching journeymen carve us up.

And our pass rush needs to step up.  Namely Clark.

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Someone said it earlier....  I do have Dom Capers on the mind when a backup QB is playing GB.

That's my real concern, justified by years of watching journeymen carve us up.

And our pass rush needs to step up.  Namely Clark.

Its 2019 in the NFL. Chances are they're going to gain some yards on us. We've been pretty damn good about buttoning down in the RZ. We can get off the field on third down against some pretty decent offenses as well. We match up better against the Chiefs than we do the Cowboys. I dont think Mahomesless Chiefs are better than the Eagles.

Again, could we lose if we screw the pooch? Absolutely, that's every week. But theres no reason to think we should lose this game. If we're a good football team, this is a game we win.

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Looking forward, one of the biggest reasons we need a W in this game is because next week the Vikings play at KC. If Mahomes is still out, look for Minny to win that game. We can't give up ground in another common game (already lost the Philly battle there). If we think the Vikings are going to win next week against KC, we have to get a win as well. 

That sucks he'll most likely be out for that game as well.  KC gets after Cousins on the road he'll fold like a cheap suit.  They could still win that game even without  Mahommes. 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

That sucks he'll most likely be out for that game as well.  KC gets after Cousins on the road he'll fold like a cheap suit.  They could still win that game even without  Mahommes. 

How well does KC get after anybody though? My impression is that its not their strong suit.

It's not just Mahomes...Eric Fisher, Andrew Wylie are out on O. 

On D Chris Jones, Frank Clark and Kendall Fuller all out. 

There is no way the Packers should lose this game if they are a serious contender. That is a starting QB, two starting lineman and their 3 best defensive players...

• Like 2

Just now, Leader said:

How well does KC get after anybody though? My impression is that its not their strong suit.

I worry about Chris Jones against Billy Turner.  Frank Clark is over there, right?  

I see above that Jones isn't playing.  If that's true, that's a relief.