SNF: Packers at Chiefs

Malfatron

Just now, Chiefer said:

Ill give em credit for trying. Was a valiant effort without Mahomes

Yep. I had this penciled in as a loss and I'm happy it was competitive until the end. We were down six starters and finished down eight. I'm not a fan of moral victories, but I think this is one.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DannyB said:

If they look more like last week down the stretch I'll believe. If they look more like this week, meh.

We won't be facing teams like the Raiders every week.  It appears the Chargers are struggling so we gotta take it to them next Sunday.

22 minutes ago, Pugger said:

We won't be facing teams like the Raiders every week.  It appears the Chargers are struggling so we gotta take it to them next Sunday.

I mean...........................................................................yea

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I’m personally baffled that 8 games in DCs still haven’t figured that the way you stop GB is to stop the dump offs to Aaron Jones. 

Except its not just the dump offs that are killing the defense.  Its the fact that A. Jones is lined up at WR a lot.  DC's like having bigger guys to stop the run, they can play small but all the Packers do is move A. Jones back inside and it's base offense vs nickel/dime and the running game always has the advantage in that situation, unless they bring up extra guys.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

NFC w/ some very heavy hitters at the halfway point. 7-0 49ers, 7-1 Saints, 7-1 Packers... 6-2 Seahawks, 6-2 Vikings and defending NFCC 5-3 Rams right there too. 

Even more daunting than 2017 when NFC was pretty top heavy and at this juncture you had the 7-1 Eagles, 6-2 Vikings, 5-2 Rams, 5-2 Saints

It's crazy. We have thoroughly dominated every team we have played and yet we are only 1 game ahead of 2 teams. 

Look at the net points though. Pats are the 3rd best all time through 8 games at +189

Niners are +130

https://www.nfl.com/standings

The next highest team in the nfl is the cowboys at +66 (only because they played Miami and redskins (non mudbowl game unlike us)) 

Packers +52

Saints +39

Seahawks are +12. They are pretenders imo and I can't wait to play them on MNF in week 10. If we win (after beating Cardinals on Halloween) then we will basically have a 4 game lead on the division with 7 to go. Would be amazing!

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

KC had a lot of D starters out.  The difference in the game was that fumble and GB's score afterwards.  If Mahomes plays this game is much different.  But we Packers fans also know what life is like without our MVP.  

I don't know why folks keep saying our defense is so wonderful (unless, of course, if they are comparing it to what we had last year...).  It didn't help that our best LB was playing one handed. 

I think the GB defense is what they were expected to be before the season. Not elite but fringe 10 and a massive improvement to last season.