Week 9: VIKINGS (6-2) at Chiefs (5-3)

swede700

35 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

KC seemed to generate some good pressure while blitzing last night. 

I expect the screen game to be a big factor again.

Also - I don't want to jinx anything, but it seems like Cousins has had WAY fewer batted balls this season. Am I wrong there?

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I expect the screen game to be a big factor again.

Also - I don't want to jinx anything, but it seems like Cousins has had WAY fewer batted balls this season. Am I wrong there?

Agreed.  The two worst things the Chiefs' defense are at are the screen game and defending the run...the two things the Vikings do pretty well at.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I don't want to jinx anything, but it seems like Cousins has had WAY fewer batted balls this season. Am I wrong there?

No, you’re right.

He’s had way more bootlegs and throws from moving pockets, less clutter around him as he throws.

JDF last year had Cousins setting up in the same spot from shotgun over and over. He isn't great at sliding in the pocket and adjusting his launch point in order to get the ball off cleanly 40+ times a game in that situation.

• Like 1

Before the Chiefs lost to the Packers on Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes told Michele Tafoya of NBC that his knee injury would not have kept him out of the lineup had it been a postseason game.

“Isn’t that what you love about him?” Reid said, via the Kansas City Star. “I mean, he was telling me that he wanted to go back in when he hurt it the first time in the Denver game. So, that’s him. Who wants to slow that down — that thinking at least — and then it’s important the medical people take care of it from there.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/29/andy-reid-loves-that-patrick-mahomes-wants-to-play-but-its-up-to-doctors/

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Not if he's on one leg.  

My understanding is that Mahommes isn't currently hindered much by the knee injury. The reason he isn't playing is because he has an elevated risk of reinjuring it, not because he can't use both his legs. Taking another injury could result in a more significant damage. The Chiefs and their medical staff are the only ones that really know where Mahommes really is at.

I personally don’t want to play against Mahomes. No pride here. I have no clue where Mahomes is at in his knee rehab/recovery, but would definitely prefer to play against Moore. Moore was decent against GB, but he is nowhere near as dynamic as Mr Mahomes with or without a bad knee (captain obvious, I know). Playing against a Moore led KC offense gives the Vikings a better chance of winning. And winning is the name of the game. 7-2 sounds good  to me. 

• Like 5