Leonard Williams Traded to Giants for a 3rd and a 2021 5th

Sapo28

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

When they announced Ferrell to the Raiders I was like Who the hell is that? That’s how off the radar he was to me. 

I think we all knew Macc was taking Q if Bosa was gone.

So true.

It's amazing how awful our front office has been.  We just can't have nice things.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

So true.

It's amazing how awful our front office has been.  We just can't have nice things.

It’s been the constant since Mangini got canned. He knew value. 

It’s why I have been as down on our coaches because talent still wins. 

Theres two ways to go about this.

1. You get great players

2. You get players who fit what the coaching staff needs to do. 

We’ve done neither but I have faith that Douglas and Gase have an in-line vision to build this team. 

Gase emphasized OL during free agency and Macc punted, Douglas spoke highly of OL play in his press tour. That alone tells me they get it and know where the game is won.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

It’s been the constant since Mangini got canned. He knew value. 

It’s why I have been as down on our coaches because talent still wins. 

Theres two ways to go about this.

1. You get great players

2. You get players who fit what the coaching staff needs to do. 

We’ve done neither but I have faith that Douglas and Gase have an in-line vision to build this team. 

Gase emphasized OL during free agency and Macc punted, Douglas spoke highly of OL play in his press tour. That alone tells me they get it and know where the game is won.

Hope you're right.  I would overpay for Shreff the second he hits FA.  Highest paid whatever you want.  Take Thomas or Wirfs top 5 and use two of the next 3 on a RG and C to complete revamp this OL.  Hell I'd take another versatile OT/OG later (5th) for depth.  If we did nothing but revamp the OL I'd consider the offseason a success.

Edited by Rockice_8

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

My ideal Offseason is similar

Scherff and Bulaga in free agency on big money deals. 

Thomas/Wirfs round 1

Humphrey(if he comes out) or Biadasz Round 2

LT- Thomas/Wirfs

LG- Lewis

C- Humphrey/Biadasz

RG- Scherff

RT- Bulaga

That'd be ideal. Something along those lines.

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Q steps into Leo’s spot. Henry comes back. We’re fine on the DL. 

This is good value. That 5th is conditional so it become a 4th I read. 

That 3rd can be a starting OG, Receiver or Corner. Just gotta pick the right player. 

Agree with you here.  I like Leo but we were not going to pay.  Get some value and we have depth.  High 3rd and a conditional pick is a good get at this point. 

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Leonard Williams is dealing with sore hip and that is why he was pulled from game yesterday to avoid any further damage on his hip.  That means the trade with Giants isn't officially done yet.  

Where did you hear that?  Gase said he got the wind knocked out of him and if memory serves me right he came back in the game.  

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah no chance for LT.  I was hoping for RT.  

After watching Edoga , Sunday he is a lot more than a long shot, he was horrible Sunday ,But he is still young and maybe he can become a good pickup. I am at the point where we should dump all of the players that Macc drafted. and start over..

Just now, doumeyer said:

After watching Edoga , Sunday he is a lot more than a long shot, he was horrible Sunday ,But he is still young and maybe he can become a good pickup. I am at the point where we should dump all of the players that Macc drafted. and start over..

We can look ahead with OL other than Edoga.  Edoga has to earn the spot and he may be more of helpful when time is right. 

What will really drive me crazy, if the Giants make Leo Williams a defensive tackle like I wanted the jets to do and he becomes a star which is very possible. Leo Williams had no pas rushing moves at all but at DT with his power he could be a great bull rush from the DT position. We really wasted 41/2 years with Macc. Macc, drank 8 to 10 cups of coffee every day that is usually the sign that the person is recovering from some kind of addiction. The same thing could be said for anybody who drinks 8 or9 diet cokes. I have seen this first hand so I know I am right.  

• Like 1

A 3rd and 5th, that turns to a 4th is fair. 

What i expected.

We need to land a 3rd at least for robby Anderson too, those 3rds will help us rebuild the ol and depth.

Especially if we get a top pick and trade down, though if we had a chance at chase young we should go for it. Or jeudy.