Leonard Williams Traded to Giants for a 3rd and a 2021 5th

Sapo28

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Coples didn’t disappoint me much. Didn’t like the pick bc Ingram and he barely ever flashed. Wilkerson showed he was capable of being elite and just gave up. Unless the leg injury just did him in.

Coples didn’t make a single positive impact from what i remember. Just thinking about the guys we passed on. 

DeCastro and Ingram would have been mainstays

Mercilus and Chandler Jones was giving guys Gholston-PTSD from what I recall but man they were good pick. 

Hightower taking over for Harris eventually would have been good too. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Never liked drafting him (actually HATED drafting him) and yet is another failed DL draft pick for us. When will we learn. I swear if JD drafts a DLineman at all the next few years I will want him fired immediately following the pick.

LMAO at least you’re consistent with it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

All would be right in the world if we traded for Beasley today for a late round pick and he actually produces for us the rest of the way and we resign him. Since he's who I wanted over Leo on draft day.

I wanted him too actually over Leo but my god has he completely underachieved as well. Still would trade for him for a late pick. Throw him out there and at worst he fits in with every other player that doesn’t sack the QB or get pressure. 

14 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I wanted him too actually over Leo but my god has he completely underachieved as well. Still would trade for him for a late pick. Throw him out there and at worst he fits in with every other player that doesn’t sack the QB or get pressure. 

At least he would have been at a position of need and still is a position of need. I'd take a shot on him for a late rounder for the rest of the season and see how he does with a change of scenery. If he fails then we wasted nothing really.

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

At least he would have been at a position of need and still is a position of need. I'd take a shot on him for a late rounder for the rest of the season and see how he does with a change of scenery. If he fails then we wasted nothing really.

We did that with Willis who had a strip sack last week.  We have young guys we are trying to develop (Basham, Willis, Jenkins, etc.).  As I said before ATL couldn't give him away so that says all you need to know.

I think this trade was not that bad. The Jets end up with a 3 and 4. He will sign with the Giants and they will pay him. He does not have to move and gets his money and enters a division that is always up for grabs. I have a feeling that Robbie will only be moved for a 2nd round pick or a 3rd and 5th round pick. He has stated he wants to stay with the Jets and I think he will if not moved today. I think they sign him to a 3 year 40 mill. contract. 

It’s odd that people are using PFF to prop up Leo. Here’s their initial take. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-instant-reactions-to-kenyan-drake-leonard-williams-trades

I think their initial take is spot on. His success has come from run defense. But in a league centered around passing, you have to bring it as a pass rusher. His best grade as a pass rusher was last year at 71. This has been the Jets fans complaint all this time. Fans haven’t been saying his bad (although this year). They’ve been saying he is lacking as a pass rusher. 

He’s been a polarizing figure for Jets fans. I used to be on his side when I thought that he’s limitations were due to scheme. But seeing him under Gregg, it’s Leo.  

Edited by SDotNova

35 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think this trade was not that bad. The Jets end up with a 3 and 4. He will sign with the Giants and they will pay him. He does not have to move and gets his money and enters a division that is always up for grabs. I have a feeling that Robbie will only be moved for a 2nd round pick or a 3rd and 5th round pick. He has stated he wants to stay with the Jets and I think he will if not moved today. I think they sign him to a 3 year 40 mill. contract. 

Robby is JD’s biggest question so far. I could see Robby going to the Eagles and lighting it up. I could also see him staying put and not living up to the contract. We may regret it if we trade him. If we get a second, I can live with it. A 3rd and a late pick is probably fare though. 

Edited by SDotNova

40 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think this trade was not that bad. The Jets end up with a 3 and 4. He will sign with the Giants and they will pay him. He does not have to move and gets his money and enters a division that is always up for grabs. I have a feeling that Robbie will only be moved for a 2nd round pick or a 3rd and 5th round pick. He has stated he wants to stay with the Jets and I think he will if not moved today. I think they sign him to a 3 year 40 mill. contract

Please don't sign him to that contract. The average would put him in the top 12 WRs. He hasn't even broken 1,000 yards.

54 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Please don't sign him to that contract. The average would put him in the top 12 WRs. He hasn't even broken 1,000 yards.

I think that is what it would take. Remember the cap keeps going up and so do the players contracts. If that puts him in the top 12 then by the end of FA he might be top 20. 

8 hours ago, SDotNova said:

It’s odd that people are using PFF to prop up Leo. Here’s their initial take. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-instant-reactions-to-kenyan-drake-leonard-williams-trades

I think their initial take is spot on. His success has come from run defense. But in a league centered around passing, you have to bring it as a pass rusher. His best grade as a pass rusher was last year at 71. This has been the Jets fans complaint all this time. Fans haven’t been saying his bad (although this year). They’ve been saying he is lacking as a pass rusher. 

He’s been a polarizing figure for Jets fans. I used to be on his side when I thought that he’s limitations were due to scheme. But seeing him under Gregg, it’s Leo.  

100% agree. with that take

Leo was always a bad draft pick. This franchise will never learn that BPA only makes sense when you dont have two elite players at the position that coincides with BPA. 

Never made sense to draft Leo with Mo Wilk and Sheldon on the team. Likewise didnt make sense to draft Quinnen with DL being a position of strength. Imagine having Josh Allen instead with no Q. Maybe wed have a pass rush that can get to the QB

19 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

We did that with Willis who had a strip sack last week.  We have young guys we are trying to develop (Basham, Willis, Jenkins, etc.).  As I said before ATL couldn't give him away so that says all you need to know.

That has been our problem for years, trying to develop draft picks. We are not a minor league team, most players coming out of college should be ready to play at once. Only the QB position might take a couple of years to start. Most of the players we drafted and we tried to develop are out of football now.. Here is what you get you when you try to develop players, 5-11. 5-11,4-12, 1-6.

• Like 1