Jets trade Leonard Williams to Giants

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Forge said:

You guys are setting up like the 49ers did years ago with Armstead + Buckner, but no edge presence. It's not ideal (you can see that from the previous 2 years with the niners), but once you do get that edge presence, the defense is awesome lol. 

I can tell you right now life without premium DT's and studs on the outside are equally painful.

24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Williams hasn’t been a great player, but good deal for the Giants. 

Why go this route, though? With Tomlinson, Hill, and Lawrence, I thought this was really the only spot they didn’t need more young players?

BJ Hill disappeared after a promising rookie season. Dalvin Tomlinson is purely a space eater. Williams is an instant upgrade in terms of getting QB pressure.

It also allows the Giants to rotate their D-line more and keep them fresh. Dexter Lawrence played 80% of the snaps a few games ago. You’re not going to get much of a push late in the game after that many snaps

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

BJ Hill disappeared after a promising rookie season. Dalvin Tomlinson is purely a space eater. Williams is an instant upgrade in terms of getting QB pressure.

It also allows the Giants to rotate their D-line more and keep them fresh. Dexter Lawrence played 80% of the snaps a few games ago. You’re not going to get much of a push late in the game after that many snaps

Gotcha, didn’t realize Hill disappointed that much. If their young players pan out and NYG get something at LB (been saying that for years), they could have a very solid defense.

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good, but I've never been all that impressed with Williams when I've watched the Jets.

I thought with Gregg he would have a bit of a resurgence. He’s looked worse this year. He’s an above average run blocker and an average pass rusher. I was hoping the Jets would trade him to the Texans for their 3rd. The giants 3rd is a better deal.

16 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

What a bust never lived up to his draft price. But man bro that’s jets d line let all their best players go pretty nutty. Good move as they all sucked but poor drafting has hurt that team. 

The best player available iDL is the most hyped pick in the draft. It’s why Jets fans were not excited about Q. We’ve heard it a dozen times before.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gmen said:

It’s hard to take you seriously if you think Leonard Williams is going make the Giants worse.

BTW, where is your weekly post about Daniel Jones after his 4 TD performance yesterday?

Y’all should improve. Not sure how much you’ve seen him play but he’s more of a power guy as oppose to a 3 tech who shoots the gap. Aren’t the Giants playing 3-4? He’ll be a very good 5 tech run defender who gets ok pass pressure. 

People can say Jets fans have been hard on him but he’s not grading well per pff. Feel like he’s graded worse every year. Which is consistent to how we’ve seen him play. 

Edited by SDotNova

PFF

😤

Since 2016, 38.7% of Leonard Williams' run tackles have gone for a loss or no gain, which is second to only Aaron Donald

[PFF] Most tackles for loss among interior defenders since 2016: 1. Aaron Donald - 47 2. Kawann Short - 44 3. Leonard Williams - 43 👀 4. Grady Jarrett - 40 5. Snacks - 39

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

5 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Supposed to be the next Aaron Donald 

So what was Donald supposed to be. The next Atkins or Randle?  He surpassed both IMO

Edit actually I have the Lindy draft guide from then and it is Atkins. Louis Nix was their #1 DT. Big Cat’s comp was McCoy. Wow keeping junk around for years actually helped me. Lol 

Edited by G

Just now, G said:

So what was Donald supposed to be. The next Atkins or Randle?  He surpassed both IMO

He honestly has. But meh. Imagine if he had another talented player on that Dline. He has decent guys but man just imagine. That’s why Ramsey is huge. 10 sacks these last 2 games with him. But Donald hasn’t had a talented Dline player since Quinn his rookie year.