Jets trade Leonard Williams to Giants

49erurtaza

14 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Williams hasn’t been a great player, but good deal for the Giants. 

Why go this route, though? With Tomlinson, Hill, and Lawrence, I thought this was really the only spot they didn’t need more young players?

Well, yes, you're right, but I'm still hoping that, before the 4:00 PM trade deadline today, Dave Gettleman forks over some future draft picks for Sheldon Richardson AND Muhammad Wilkerson, so that the Giants can have the Complete Boxed Set of Former First-Round Jets' Defensive Tackles- because, you can never have too many Hog Mollies............................................................................................................................

Image result for sheldon richardson muhammad wilkersonImage result for Dave Gettleman

Edited by bzane
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

PFF

😤

Since 2016, 38.7% of Leonard Williams' run tackles have gone for a loss or no gain, which is second to only Aaron Donald

[PFF] Most tackles for loss among interior defenders since 2016: 1. Aaron Donald - 47 2. Kawann Short - 44 3. Leonard Williams - 43 👀 4. Grady Jarrett - 40 5. Snacks - 39

It’s weird to see these impressive numbers, and then hear from Jets fans that he’s been a disappointment. I get that you want more sacks from the #6 overall pick, but you can do much much worse than Williams. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gmen said:

It’s weird to see these impressive numbers, and then hear from Jets fans that he’s been a disappointment. I get that you want more sacks from the #6 overall pick, but you can do much much worse than Williams. 

Well seems like the Giants traded snacks for snacks Jr. And you do want your DE to get sacks it’s his job. 

• Like 1

https://www.giants.com/news/dave-gettleman-takes-you-inside-the-leonard-williams-trade

We gave up a three and a five. Our goal is to sign him long-term. He’s only 25-years-old. And obviously talented. He’s a piece you can build around.

Gettleman confirms the plan is to lock him up long-term, which is good. Not locking him up makes this trade a lot worse.