Jets trade Leonard Williams to Giants

49erurtaza

I don't just pick on Gettleman because he is running the Giants... I pick on him because he makes idiotic moves.

A 3rd and a 5th to help you get a worse draft pick next year?

A 3rd and a 4th to sign someone you could have signed anyway without the picks in the offseason? 

They are 4 games + losing tiebreakers out of the wildcard. This move is terrible.

Maybe he knew DC and Denver were going to trade for him?

15 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I don't just pick on Gettleman because he is running the Giants... I pick on him because he makes idiotic moves.

It’s hard to take you seriously if you think Leonard Williams is going make the Giants worse.

BTW, where is your weekly post about Daniel Jones after his 4 TD performance yesterday?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Jesus everyone in the east has been upgrading their interior since we got Zeke. 

It's not just Zeke. With a bad interior DL, I could run through the holes the Dallas interior OL would open up.

Dexter Lawrence, BJ Hill, Dalvin Tomlinson, and now Leonard Williams is a damn fine DL group. Someone else already said it, but we need edge rushing talent now badly. We've got role players that can get there with effort, but we don't have any with that desired natural physical ability.

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

It’s hard to take you seriously if you think Leonard Williams is going make the Giants worse.

Pretty Sure you mis-read or comprehended his post? Might want to try again?

A 3rd and a 4th to sign someone you could have signed anyway without the picks in the offseason? 

They are 4 games + losing tiebreakers out of the wildcard. This move is terrible.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

That's not what he said. He said that he didn't understand the move essentially because it made the team better, and thus likely to get a worse draft pick in the next draft. 

28 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It's not just Zeke. With a bad interior DL, I could run through the holes the Dallas interior OL would open up.

Dexter Lawrence, BJ Hill, Dalvin Tomlinson, and now Leonard Williams is a damn fine DL group. Someone else already said it, but we need edge rushing talent now badly. We've got role players that can get there with effort, but we don't have any with that desired natural physical ability.

You guys are setting up like the 49ers did years ago with Armstead + Buckner, but no edge presence. It's not ideal (you can see that from the previous 2 years with the niners), but once you do get that edge presence, the defense is awesome lol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

You guys are setting up like the 49ers did years ago with Armstead + Buckner, but no edge presence. It's not ideal (you can see that from the previous 2 years with the niners), but once you do get that edge presence, the defense is awesome lol. 

Leo aint close to buckner good.

Hes nothing special,  we have a lot of talent on interior dl.

Maccagnan had no idea how to construct a roster, this move was necessary for us. We cant spend big on interior, we need to focus on rebuilding a entire ol, edge rushers, cb, and wrs.

I like that Gettleman is willing to make moves. He made several trades at the deadline last year, several trades in the offseason, and now he’s back at it. He’s also willing to own his mistakes and call a spade a spade. 

Jerry Reese sat on his hands and just hoped the team would magically improve. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's my hope. I also hope we can suck bad enough this year to get Chase Young and go full 2019 49ers in 2020. 

• Like 1