2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

He’s a talented scorer but he’s not really good at it yet. I think in the right role he could be a nice efficient bench scorer. Like I think he’s be good next to Plumlee on the nuggets bench for example 

You know how I feel about him. I think he is what he is. I don't see any upside and never have. That's been my stance since his rookie year and I remember getting lambasted because I said he's already peaked. 

Honest question, because I'm too lazy to look it up, but how often nowadays do 3/4 year collegiate players take another step?

Actually, I will look it up. Starting in 2017 due to 2018 and 2019 being too recent.

Justin Jackson, DJ Wilson, Kyle Kuzma, Derrick White, Josh Hart

Kris Dunn, Buddy Hield, Taurean Prince, Denzel Valentine, Caris LeVert, DeAndre Bembry, Brice Johnson, Damian Jones

Willie Cauley-Stein, Frank Kaminsky, Sam Dekker, Jerian Grant, Delon Wright, Larry Nance Jr, RJ Hunter

Elfrid Payton, Doug McDermott, Adreian Payne, Shabazz Napier, CJ Wilcox, Josh Huestis

Victor Oladipo, CJ McCollum, Kelly Olynyk, Tony Snell, Gorgui Dieng, Mason Plumlee, Solomon Hill, Tim Hardaway Jr, Reggie Bullock, Andre Roberson

So, outta the last 5 qualifying drafts, we've gotten Hield, Dipo and McCollum consistently playing high quality basketball with Caris LeVert playing great in spurts when healthy. Outside of that, the hit rate on 3/4 year college players isn't good. They are all mostly role players with no further upside. The 3 with the upside all went top 10. I dunno, I don't see it with Kuzma and never have.

If the Suns could get a backup guard (at either spot, preferably PG) I think they could actually make the playoffs. The youngins are all killing us. 

DRose, Satoransky, Ish Smith, etc. Gotta have one. 

Who knew trading Melton would really be the only regrettable decision the Suns made in the off season. 

15 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

If the Suns could get a backup guard (at either spot, preferably PG) I think they could actually make the playoffs. The youngins are all killing us. 

DRose, Satoransky, Ish Smith, etc. Gotta have one. 

Who knew trading Melton would really be the only regrettable decision the Suns made in the off season. 

what about IT? he is making only 2 mill per.

• 2 weeks later...

How about this?

Wizards receive PF Aaron Gordon

Lakers receive PF Davis Bertans

Magic receive PF Kyle Kuzma, C Demarcus Cousins, C Ian Mahinmi

Wizards get a reclamation project in Gordon, they don't have a lot of talent with their bigs.

Lakers get a lights out stretch forward for their title run.

Magic get Kuzma, Cousins and Mahinmi are expiring and thrown in to make the cap work.  Kuzma is a better fit next to all of their bigs.  Maybe the Wizards throw in a 2nd round pick as well.  

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

How about this?

Wizards receive PF Aaron Gordon

Lakers receive PF Davis Bertans

Magic receive PF Kyle Kuzma, C Demarcus Cousins, C Ian Mahinmi

Wizards get a reclamation project in Gordon, they don't have a lot of talent with their bigs.

Lakers get a lights out stretch forward for their title run.

Magic get Kuzma, Cousins and Mahinmi are expiring and thrown in to make the cap work.  Kuzma is a better fit next to all of their bigs.  Maybe the Wizards throw in a 2nd round pick as well.  

Don't see it for the Magic. Kuz sucks. Bertans puts Lakers over the top though.