2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

Was throwing around this idea:

Washington Receives:
-Andre Drummond
-Blake Griffin

Detroit Receives:
-John Wall
-Ian Mahinmi
-Washington 1st Round Pick - Highly Protected; Ultimately Becoming a 2nd Round Pick

Basically two bad contracts for one another, but still talented players that could potentially help in terms of winning games.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Washington Receives:
-Andre Drummond
-Blake Griffin

Detroit Receives:
-John Wall
-Ian Mahinmi
-Washington 1st Round Pick - Highly Protected; Ultimately Becoming a 2nd Round Pick

Basically two bad contracts for one another, but still talented players that could potentially help in terms of winning games.

bro this is quite seriously the most depressing trade you could put together lmao 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

bro this is quite seriously the most depressing trade you could put together lmao 

lol, I agree. I was watching the Pistons broadcast last night and they brought up how the trade chatter has died down around Drummond, so I started playing with the trade machine to see what teams might be in need of his services, and honestly there aren't a lot of teams that need him/would want to give up assets for him at the moment. Granted, it's supposed to be a relatively week free agent class coming up, but I don't know if Drummond is going to find a higher average annual salary than what's he is currently set to make next year. Obviously there's more that goes into his decision than just money, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he opts in next year.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

lol, I agree. I was watching the Pistons broadcast last night and they brought up how the trade chatter has died down around Drummond, so I started playing with the trade machine to see what teams might be in need of his services, and honestly there aren't a lot of teams that need him/would want to give up assets for him at the moment. Granted, it's supposed to be a relatively week free agent class coming up, but I don't know if Drummond is going to find a higher average annual salary than what's he is currently set to make next year. Obviously there's more that goes into his decision than just money, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he opts in next year.

Yeah I mean Drummond isn't good lol. Detroit is a worse rebounding team with him on the floor.

Detroit is under the radar an absolute disaster of a situation and front office. They should have traded him a year or two ago if they wanted any value. Feels like a guy that no one should give an asset for or pay significantly.  

So, assuming the Knicks recent offer to the Warriors was more or less a joke/starting point, wonder if they would go for this...

Warriors Receive:
-Marcus Morris (expiring)
-Bobby Portis (expiring)
-Mitchell Robinson
-1st Round Pick; Lottery Protected Until 2025

Knicks Receive:
-D'Angelo Russell
-Kevon Looney

Knicks finally get their backcourt of the future with Russell and Barrett. Warriors get a great, young center and a potentially valuable future asset.

Warriors 2020 Depth Chart:

Curry/Burks
Klay/Lee
Robinson/Paschall
Draymond/Smailagic
Robinson/Wiseman

Looks like a championship caliber team to me.

11 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Suns looking to trade for Kennard. Which is a yes for me. 

I actually love this for Phoenix. I think they're building out a solid roster top to bottom. If Booker can take that one last final step into Elite Level Player, they will be a problem. He got ROBBED this year, but should be considered a perennial All Star going forward if he doesn't get any better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Drummond is going to be in for a rude awakening this summer if he opts out. He'll end up having to sign a 1 year deal and re-enter free agency next year. There's no way anyone offers more than what Capela is making on a long-term deal.

his career is def about to take that Kanter turn 

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

So, assuming the Knicks recent offer to the Warriors was more or less a joke/starting point, wonder if they would go for this...

I think the going rumor was the Warriors wanted multiple unprotected FRPs to move D'Angelo Russell, which obviously isn't happening.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Washington Receives:
-Andre Drummond
-Blake Griffin

Detroit Receives:
-John Wall
-Ian Mahinmi

John Wall's contract is an anchor that will ruin any team for 4 years.  I don't think the Pistons would do that trade.  The Wizards should immediate say yes if they were offered that.

Once Mike Dantoni is let go this off season, the rockets will be better. We have a cheap young center, Hartenstien, who has been great when he’s gotten to play. Averaging 18/12/3/2 in his starts. He had a 18/15/5 game a few weeks ago and MDA hasn’t played him since. It’s insane. We are playing an unsustainable small ball line up that’s going to get exposed hard core against the Lakers on Thursday night. 

So Capela to ATL, Covington to Houston and picks going to Minny is being discussed per Woj. Then Minnesota uses those picks to get DLO in another package. 

Dubs about to have three first round picks including a potential top 5 pick. Time to do some damage in the offseason.