2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

I actually really like this trade for the Warriors.  Russell's skillset was redundant for them.  Klay and Curry are already elite outside shooters, they don't really have a slasher and Wiggins can give them that.  I also think Wiggins defense will improve being around the rest of those guys.  If they can land Wiseman in the draft their starting 5 will be nasty.  

Also, there is a great article on The Ringer about why acquiring Wiggin's deal isn't terrible.  The Warriors can utilize him for a year or two then use him as a high salary match in a later trade.  

On the Wolves end, they had to do this. D-Lo is Towns buddy and will bring some optimism to a fan-base that has none right now. You've now catered to your franchise guy and brought him his wing-man. Let's see what they can do as a 1-2 punch.

For the Warriors, I have to assume they realized Russell is a horrendous fit for their team, where Wiggins isn't. If they can tap into his potential they could get a stud. Curry and Klay are the cool, relaxed type of guys who can bring out the best in someone like Wiggins. That or they want to build him up to deal him.

On the downside: The Wolves moving RoCo now looks like a massive mistake. Russell has injury concerns. Wiggins contract is truly awful.

Edited by Bullet Club

I like this deal for Golden State. Wiggins is Harrison Barnes 2.0. That 1st rounder next year is only top 3 protected and could be a pretty valuable pick they could use in a trade. Add in their high draft pick this season and they are poised to return to contention next year.

I do not like D'Angelo Russell. I doubt any player in the league respects him after he went TMZ mode on one of his teammates. Not to mention trying to smuggle weed through an airport and getting caught.