2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think the going rumor was the Warriors wanted multiple unprotected FRPs to move D'Angelo Russell, which obviously isn't happening.

I think it's a high low situation. Meaning New York is starting as low as possible, while GS is shooting for the moon. Like most trades I assume they'll end up meeting somewhere in the middle, if a deal were to get done. However, with the sudden firing on Steve Mills, who knows what the Knicks opt to do. Maybe Dolan himself was upset at how they tried to negotiate with GS and is willing to mortgage the farm to land another star like Russell. Alternatively, this could also mean they are closing off negotiations completely and nothing happens on the trade front until they have their front office fully situated. Who knows *shrugs*.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Capela to ATL, Covington to Houston and picks going to Minny is being discussed per Woj. Then Minnesota uses those picks to get DLO in another package. 

Dubs about to have three first round picks including a potential top 5 pick. Time to do some damage in the offseason. 

Best case scenario. Celtics avoid Capela; Hawks get a reasonable and fair improvement instead. Houston gets a difference maker that should fit their style of play. Minnesota gets more opportunities to hit on young players in the future.

See, this is the thing I don't understand about the Hawks pursuit of a center, John Collins is a center. At least in the modern NBA and how he plays. He's most effective playing inside-out. He's not a true stretch four you can easily pair with a hulking big at the 5. Adding someone like Capela just makes the interior more cramped and gives guys like Young and Huerter even less room to operate. Unless this is because Collins doesn't want to play the 5/is too soft to bang with traditional centers, I just don't understand this fascination by the Hawks FO.

15 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

See, this is the thing I don't understand about the Hawks pursuit of a center, John Collins is a center. At least in the modern NBA and how he plays. He's most effective playing inside-out. He's not a true stretch four you can easily pair with a hulking big at the 5. Adding someone like Capela just makes the interior more cramped and gives guys like Young and Huerter even less room to operate. Unless this is because Collins doesn't want to play the 5/is too soft to bang with traditional centers, I just don't understand this fascination by the Hawks FO.

You're right but Capela might create more screens and design plays for Young and Collins to make cuts. Perhaps they want more pick and rolls or kicking outside to their young guards.

27 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

He can't be a 5 defensively outside of certain matchups.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Capela to ATL, Covington to Houston and picks going to Minny is being discussed per Woj. Then Minnesota uses those picks to get DLO in another package. 

Dubs about to have three first round picks including a potential top 5 pick. Time to do some damage in the offseason. 

Surprised they didn't make the deal Warriors that is, potentially 2 top 5 first rounders and a mid first is a lot of assets.

On 2/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, TitanSlim said:

They won't make a move for him but, am I wrong in thinking Myles Turner would be an almost perfect fit on the Pelicans beside Zion.

I wanna see what we’ve got in Hayes but yeah, I’d give up some picks and maybe NAW for Turner and you’d have to consider offering Hayes. Having a 5 who can space the floor would be huge