The good, the bad, the HOME WIN vs. Detroit (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

A Receiver is a need but man... we just need a good pass rusher and a corner and this team is taking KC deep. Really excited about the off season. 

Heck, we even got a shot to get 9 wins now but I think we ultimately end up .500 or 7-9. 

I think we have a chance at 10 wins. Our schedule gets way easier from here. We have a legit shot at the playoffs in my opinion. We should win 9 games. KC beats us and we split with the Chargers. We get Bengals, chargers, titans, and jags at home. Denver, chargers, KC, and the Jets on the road. I think we should win at least five of those last 8 games.

We have only lost to above .500 teams and we only have one left on our schedule. Also, we have been on a brutal road trip.

Just now, ragingraider said:

I think we have a chance at 10 wins. Our schedule gets way easier from here. We have a legit shot at the playoffs in my opinion. We should win 9 games. KC beats us and we split with the Chargers. We get Bengals, chargers, titans, and jags at home. Denver, chargers, KC, and the Jets on the road. I think we should win at least five of those last 8 games.

We have only lost to above .500 teams and we only have one left on our schedule. Also, we have been on a brutal road trip.

My biggest fear is that we play down to those teams.  Any given Sunday bullsh**.  Play our game and we win hopefully 6 of those games.  

• Like 1

The Coli should be rocking Thursday night. Most important game that has been played in that stadium in years. Wish I could be there. Hope the Raiders don’t come out flat. It would be the most Raider thing ever if they did. Win Thursday and I can take the playoff y’all seriously. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Jacobs 2 TDs in the first half. Carr played well. Couple nice deep throws today. 2nd half, defense stepped up and forced a punt twice. Gruden went conservative, 3 and out both times. Lion eventually score picking on who else Whitehead to tie it. 

Gruden goes to Richard 4 or 5 times straight to get into 3rd and goal. Carr escapes, buys times finds 3rd and Refro who taps the toes for a deciding TD.

Lions 2 mins, drive to the 1 with no time outs. 8 seconds to go... Raider gift them a time out. 4th and goal Ferrell pressures, Stafford goes to Thomas and KJ breaks it up for the win.

Exciting game. Team win all around. 

Damn if I didn't watch the game i wouldn't need to after this.

• Like 1

Good: 

Jacobs

Downfield throws

Closing the game out when we needed it. This team is slowly, and sometimes painfully, becoming a 4 quarter team.

Bad:

Penalties

Our secondary has less consistency than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Having to win another game last minute after controlling the narrative most of the game. It's getting better, but man...we could easily be 5-3 or 2-6. Overall, I'm happy with the progress though. 

Ugly:

That bs schedule we just went through. 

Mark's haircut.

The record of our opponents moving forward.  

I'm comfortable looking forward to 10-6 and a possible WC slot. We might fall a bit short, but like someone else said, 8-8 was expected with AB. Being on pace for even that, with wins over some fairly solid teams and generally holding our own for most of the games we've lost feels really really good. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Bad:

• Fans saying this game was over in the 2nd quarter

Where was that. I avoided the game time thread for my own sanity. Didn't want to see YOYO's going up and down. LOL

I really liked seeing how the guys look like they are playing for each other. I wonder if we didn't have the drama queen in TC  if they'd be like this. Good to see and will make cuts next year difficult but necessary to take it to the next level. We're not great but were good enough (but improving) to upset teams if we get into the playoffs. Teams know were going to run and they still can't stop it. Old school ball, but we need the D to step up.

• Like 1

I really want to get some tools on defense before we just get rid of guenther. So many fans blame him. But we asking him to make filet mignon with tuna and hotdogs and it ain't fair. The offense is about done. Add a wr. We Good. All offseason resources needs to go to defense if possible. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Whitehead and the new LB bit on that playaction to hard. Thankful KJ played it perfectly and stayed with his man. 

Marshall better be active against the Chargers. Raiders also had special teams LB on the field that play as well. 

Without that pressure from Ferrell, Stafford has a TE wide open in the flat because Wilber bit so hard on that PA.

50 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Tyrell, Jones and Renefrow could work out as very nice compliments to Waller and Jacobs the rest of the year. 

That's what I am thinking too. Partly why I don't want to go WR early in the draft. Imo the upgrade from a Jones or Davis to a Lamb will be less than Crosby or Ferrell to Young/Apenesa.