Your 2019 MVP: Russell Wilson

BayRaider

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I don't care about the Ravens statistical rankings because they had bad days against KC and Cleveland.

They dominated in the Ravens 3 wins against teams that are not going to lose 10+ games  (or 6-9-1 for Arizona)

If they were just OK vs Pittsburgh it would have been a 17 point loss.

The held New England to 20 and scored 7 themselves.

Russell Wilson has played 9 games this year. He has a 100+ rating in 8 of them, averaging about a 128 rating in those 8 games.

The Ravens D held him to a 65.2 rating.

Pretending that Jackson has been great all year instead of dominating in weeks 1 and 2, running for 100+ vs Seattle, and then having a clutch game on SNF while ALSO pretending the Ravens D has not dominated in the big wins is just being a bad fan who is stepping on their team to worship 1 player.

Clearly you haven’t watched the Ravens outside of maybe the Pats game and are making assumptions. Before the Seahawks game the defense was ranked something like 28th and 30th in yards per drive and points per drive, respectively. Thats considering the Dolphins game as well.

It’s also funny that Lamar is the only QB who gets so discredited. His Miami game doesn’t count because... it’s Miami, yet no other QB has come close to his level of production/efficiency. His Patriots performance doesn’t count because suddenly their defense is flawed and overrated.

Also in 3 of our wins, we kneeled the ball within the redzone giving up even more points per drive and lowering some of our yards per drive efficiency. But these things don’t count for Lamar because our offensive pieces are so great. Which is interesting because Lamar’s OL under Flacco was a bottom 10 unit in 2018. Average against the pass and terrible rushing the ball.

Since you’re on a roll with your excuses, please explain that rushing attack differential. How did the unit go from 31st to now a historical level rushing attack? Was it the switch to the rookie RB Gus Edwards?

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 7:37 PM, wackywabbit said:

I don't think you care about anything here other than discrediting what Lamar has done.

I sure as hell am discrediting everything he has done in a conversation about MVP.

He is doing well. So are 20 other guys. (maybe he is top 10 but who cares when talking about #1 only (clearly Wilson)

Lamar Jackson is an MVP candidate for overreaction clowns.

5 TD and 5 picks in 6 games.

I compare him to Falcons Vick because that is how he is playing... A runner who throws the ball sometimes.

Sorry if the truth gives the sad feelings.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I sure as hell am discrediting everything he has done in a conversation about MVP.

He is doing well. So are 20 other guys. (maybe he is top 10 but who cares when talking about #1 only (clearly Wilson)

I compare him to Falcons Vick because that is how he is playing... A runner who throws the ball sometimes.

Lamar isn't out there to throw the most passing touchdowns and neither is Wilson or any other QB. The goal is to move the ball down the field and score points. The Ravens to this point have done that more effectively than any other offense this year by a solid margin. I ain't sad about it.

Isolating to it a single player like the award needs is just a matter of what brand of storytelling you want to subscribe to. You can't really isolate a QB from the rest of the offense, and this is especially true for Lamar. If the offense is currently the top unit, and not even the biggest hater can claim Lamar isn't the critical component of the offense, then what's the problem with discussing him as the most valuable offensive player?

On 11/6/2019 at 2:26 PM, SkippyX said:
  • Lets pretend Jackson did not put up 23 points on the Bengals now?

I missed that you were trying to pass off Lamar's game against the Bengals as a poor performance. xD

Bruh, step out of this conversation with your super lazy box scouting. That was one of the most dominant games Lamar's had. Lamar controlled that entire game. The Bengals scored on the opening kickoff. Lamar led 3 scoring drives to get 17 in the first half. Andrews fumbled which killed one drive and let the Raiders get to 10. After one drive with only one first down, Lamar and the offense literally killed MOST (>16:30) of the second half with their next two possessions and that was including Cincy having to burn all 3 of their timeouts. If your going to box score scout and call out a game where Lamar had 236 passing and 152 yards rushing, then at least box score scout the drive chart and don't act like this was some narrow win:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401128105

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

"maybe he is top 10" you are crazy.

do you realize that he is the only reason the ravens have the best rush offense of all time right now?

5 td and 5 picks in 6 games really? he has 12 TDs and 5 Ints on the year and another 5 by rushing. Thats 17 TDs and 5 ints on the year. You are twisting the stats as hard as you can.

He's on pace for 36 TD 10 Int season with almost 5000 yards passing and rushing. you also have to account for the pressure he takes off of  the RBs they are getting way  more yards than they should because of him.

So by the same token then Marshal Yanda should be in the MVP conversation.

We are talking feelings and impressions instead of individual numbers now, right?

How bout we just make Garappolo MVP because the goal is to win the games?

Unlike Jackson, he did not lose to Cleveland.

Stick to your 'The 59 point Miami game means everything' manifesto. It's a great look.

I am so impressed.

4 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

He's on pace for 36 TD 10 Int season with almost 5000 yards passing and rushing. you also have to account for the pressure he takes off of  the RBs they are getting way  more yards than they should because of him.

ON PACE xD Does he get to play Miami and Arizona 2 weeks in with a new coach and QB again? He needs another 59 point game to hold that pace. Who is really playing with numbers here?

(Hint - its the fanatics in purple)

A realistic pace is separating weeks 1 and 2 as the aberrations they were and then working off the 6 other games.

That gives you a pace of about 12 TDs passing with 12 picks plus those early 7 passing TDs

19 TDs passing 12 picks and 11 rushing TDs . 2950 yards passing and 1250 yards rushing... Wow, I think that's making me forget about Manning 2013!

Wilson is on a pace for 37 passing TDs 5 picks and 5 rushing TDs with 4200 yards passing and 360 rushing

This is not even close  (I rounded down on Wilson's numbers for the pair of 49ers games (and increased the interceptions a bit))

If he plays well against SF then those numbers go up.

Keep up the purple echo chamber though. Celebrate that week 9 Super Bowl win.

• Like 1

Just now, SkippyX said:

ON PACE xD Does he get to play Miami and Arizona 2 weeks in with a new coach and QB again? He needs another 59 point game to hold that pace. Who is really playing with numbers here?

(Hint - its the fanatics in purple)

A realistic pace is separating weeks 1 and 2 as the aberrations they were and then working off the 6 other games.

Stop posting. We want to be Lamar homers, but we don't have time to go over Logic 101.

I get Russell Wilson, but how are people putting guys like Watson over McCaffrey?  I could get it if McCaffrey was simply having an All-Pro campaign but...

Watson is on pace for... 70%, 32 passing TDs (6.0), 270 YPG, ~8-9 INTs (1.7), 8.1 Y/A (8.5 AY/A), 107.1 QB Rating.  ~8-9 rushing touchdowns.  A great season, obviously.  With that said,

McCaffrey is on pace for... 1760 rushing yards (110 YPG), 20 rushing TDs, 5.3 YPC, 84 receptions, 726 receiving yards, 6 receiving TDs, 2486 YFS (2nd all-time, off-pace from 1st place by 23 yards).  26 total TDs puts him tied for 4th all-time.  

Obviously there's a chance McCaffrey falls off pace, but ditto for Watson as well.  And I guess people can make the argument, "well, would you trade Watson/QB for CMC", but by that logic, is Matt Ryan also a superior MVP candidate?  The Texans and Panthers essentially have the same record anyway (Texans haven't had a bye yet).  So if it isn't because of McCaffrey adding as much value to the team as Watson, then do we agree the Panthers are just that much better than the Texans sans QB?

And nothing against Watson either.  Like I said, great season.  But if damn near everyone can agree AD deserved it in 2012, then I don't see how the season Watson is having would put him over McCaffrey.  McCaffrey is on track for one of the best offensive seasons in NFL history, and that isn't an exaggeration.

Edited by iknowcool

16 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I get Russell Wilson, but how are people putting guys like Watson over McCaffrey?  I could get it if McCaffrey was simply having an All-Pro campaign but...

Watson is on pace for... 70%, 32 passing TDs (6.0), 270 YPG, ~8-9 INTs (1.7), 8.1 Y/A (8.5 AY/A), 107.1 QB Rating.  ~8-9 rushing touchdowns.  A great season, obviously.  With that said,

McCaffrey is on pace for... 1760 rushing yards (110 YPG), 20 rushing TDs, 5.3 YPC, 84 receptions, 726 receiving yards, 6 receiving TDs, 2486 YFS (2nd all-time, off-pace from 1st place by 23 yards).  26 total TDs puts him tied for 4th all-time.  

Obviously there's a chance McCaffrey falls off pace, but ditto for Watson as well.  And I guess people can make the argument, "well, would you trade Watson/QB for CMC", but by that logic, is Matt Ryan also a superior MVP candidate?  The Texans and Panthers essentially have the same record anyway (Texans haven't had a bye yet).  So if it isn't because of McCaffrey adding as much value to the team as Watson, then do we agree the Panthers are just that much better than the Texans sans QB?

And nothing against Watson either.  Like I said, great season.  But if damn near everyone can agree AD deserved it in 2012, then I don't see how the season Watson is having would put him over McCaffrey.  McCaffrey is on track for one of the best offensive seasons in NFL history, and that isn't an exaggeration.

Doesnt make sense to me. 

Its pretty clear to me at this point its:

1. Wilson
2. McCaffrey

And then a large gap to the other candidates 

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Because CMC is a RB and if there's one thing the NFL have proven over the last couple of years, it's that RB's are entirely replaceable no matter who it is. If you take off Wilson, Jackson or Watson off their respective teams you lose much more than you do replacing CMC.

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because CMC is a RB and if there's one thing the NFL have proven over the last couple of years, it's that RB's are entirely replaceable no matter who it is. If you take off Wilson, Jackson or Watson off their respective teams you lose much more than you do replacing CMC.

Texans are 6-3.  Panthers are 5-3.

So are the Panthers that much better than the Texans sans QB, considering Watson >>>> Allen and that the Panthers best player is, according to you, "entirely replaceable"?

Where is the additional value that Watson is adding considering they essentially have the same record?  

And come on now.  He's on pace for the 2nd most YFS and 4th most TDs.  Explain to me how that is replaceable lol

Edited by iknowcool

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Texans are 6-3.  Panthers are 5-3.

So are the Panthers that much better than the Texans sans QB, considering Watson >>>> Allen and that the Panthers best player is, according to you, "entirely replaceable"?

Where is the additional value that Watson is adding considering they essentially have the same record?  

And come on now.  He's on pace for the 2nd most YFS and 4th most TDs.  Explain to me how that is replaceable lol

Because he's a RB and it's entirely replaceable to throw someone else out there and replicate that. It's been proven over and over again that RB production is entirely replaceable. Look at what Latavius Murray just did for Alvin Kamara. Look at what James Conner did for Le'Veon Bell. Chase Edmonds and David Johnson. Etc. etc. the examples are almost endless.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because he's a RB and it's entirely replaceable to throw someone else out there and replicate that. 

Give me a list of all the RBs in NFL history who have put up the per-game averages McCaffrey is doing right now since it is so easy to throw another RB out there to replicate it.

Were players like Barry Sanders and LDT easily replaceable too?

Edited by iknowcool