Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

I don't want a HC-Coordinator.

I'd love a pure HC who was an expert coordinator. That coach could then put his stamp on the offense and defense like Belichick.

Then, the Head Coach could help build a sustainable group of coaches that could all serve vital OC/DC roles so the team can sustain success if those coordinator leave for elsewhere.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/browns-request-permission-to-interview-josh-mcdaniels-espn-reports.html

If McDaniels is the Browns’ first choice and he has a problem with the way the front office is structured, it could lead to changes in the Browns’ building. Change might be necessary anyway, given that analytics and football still aren’t always on the same page.

this line scares the hell out of me. No HC we hire should have this kind of power unless we’re hiring Reid or belichick. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/browns-request-permission-to-interview-josh-mcdaniels-espn-reports.html

If McDaniels is the Browns’ first choice and he has a problem with the way the front office is structured, it could lead to changes in the Browns’ building. Change might be necessary anyway, given that analytics and football still aren’t always on the same page.

this line scares the hell out of me. No HC we hire should have this kind of power unless we’re hiring Reid or belichick. 

I literally just said this in another thread. @LETSGOBROWNIES