Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hire Urban, have him bring Day with him in some capacity. When Urban gets his inevitable “health” issues move Day up to HC. Boom there it goes

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You trying to ruin my whole weekend or something?

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

ok have a good day

But right now I am right about this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I would find it very funny if there are people that don’t want McDaniels because of his questionable character but are fine with Urban Meyer.

Either seem like decent choices for me. Beggars can’t be choosers. 

Urban's questionable character stems from surrounding himself with other questionable characters.  It never affected his ability to lead.

Can he lead men and not boys?  That's the million dollar question.

McDaniel's questionable character is as a result of being an egotistical, power hungry, jerk. (Allegedly)

He has lead absolutely nothing.

If leadership was the biggest issue on the team last year, then I'm taking a chance on urban before the little man.

Edited by big poppa pump
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Urban's questionable character stems from surrounding himself with other questionable characters.  It never affected his ability to lead.

Can he lead men and not boys?  That's the million dollar question.

McDaniel's questionable character is as a result of being an egotistical, power hungry, jerk. (Allegedly)

He has lead absolutely nothing.

If leadership was the biggest issue on the team last year, then I'm taking a chance on urban before the little man.

Can't argue with this logic. Urban makes more sense if we are looking at leadership. At this point, either seem like they could work out for different reasons. We gotta think that Indy deal was a once in a lifetime, and, fwiw, McDaniels isn't just another derp-derp branch (™️ @Mind Character) from the Belichick pines but sort of the prodigal son of sorts. 🤔 Big wildcard there still, but there are plenty of hires that would be less inspiring.

$0.02

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We only need to blindly mock Buckeye players to the Browns, not coaches bros.

InB4 Tressel suggestion 

Honestly if we just grabbed only Buckeyes at their consensus draft positions, we would have been absolutely killing it in the draft. Buckeyes have some of the best proven track record. Too bad no one wanted Mclaurin last year...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

LOL, I am listening to the Jimmy Haslam press conference. He said the coach will be hired and the coach will then have some say in who is the general manager.

That’s fine, I just want them accountable to one another, no more one vs the other.

They need to be a package deal, I have no preference as to who they hire first.

14 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

LOL, I am listening to the Jimmy Haslam press conference. He said the coach will be hired and the coach will then have some say in who is the general manager.

What's funny is that he said the coach will have INPUT, but he and Dee will have the final decision.  Imagine them hiring a GM that is not the preference of the HC.  That should go over well...lololololol

But they need to be aligned (in my best hillbilly voice)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

What's funny is that he said the coach will have INPUT, but he and Dee will have the final decision.  Imagine them hiring a GM that is not the preference of the HC.  That should go over well...lololololol

But they need to be aligned (in my best hillbilly voice)

I listened to most of the press conference and I think I’m actually more confused now than I was before it started.