Is Bobby Wagner on a HOF pace?

TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If he does, and Russ ALSO makes it, it will be only the second time EVER that a team has drafted two HoFers in the same draft. And there's a case to be made.

This is no longer true. Several teams have now crossed that mark. Ray Lewis and Jon Ogden were the same draft. Ty Law and Curtis Martin. Bruce Smith and Andre Reed.

If you go back far enough I'm pretty sure there were a few combos in the 50s as well. Pre-SB era, so maybe we don't count that, but still. I think the Browns got 2 or 3 the year they took Jim Brown. Jurgensen and McDonald joined Philly together as well. Though Jurgensen obviously made it more because of his time in Washington. KC got Bobby Bell and Buck Buchanan the same year. That one I know for sure.

I think that 2012 draft has 3 of the best LB's playing right now.  Wagner, Keuchly, and David

David doesn't get the national recognition because he has played on bad teams his whole career but stats wise:

Leads all 3 in Solo Tackles, Sacks, and Forced Fumbles as well as 2nd in INT's.

I think if David was putting up these stats on a winning team, it would be a different story.

On 11/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, bucsfan333 said:

If he does, and Russ ALSO makes it, it will be only the second time EVER that a team has drafted two HoFers in the same draft. And there's a case to be made.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:05 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Bucs. 😉

Derrick Brooks and Warren Sapp.

On 11/9/2019 at 7:50 PM, PapaShogun said:

1985 Bills. Smith and Reed.

1995 Patriots. Law and Martin.

1970 Steelers. Bradshaw and Blount.

1974 Steelers. Swan, Lambert, Stallworth, and Webster.

Been a few.

55 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

1996 - Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis both in the same round.

This is why I don't trust a single word coming out of @bucsfan333's mouth.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

1996 - Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis both in the same round.

1965 - Butkus and Sayers with back to back picks

The 1974 Steelers had 4 in the same draft (as mentioned) and the Browns in 1957 draft three (Jim Brown, Henry Jordan, and Gene Hickerson [he was a futures selection]).

The Steelers one is impressive in itself, but it is even more stunning when you look at the run they had
1969- Joe Greene
1970- Bradshaw and Blount
1971- Jack Ham
1972- Franco Harris
1973- None
1974- Swann, Lambert, Stallworth, Webster

That is a HoFer chosen in in 5 of 6 drafts for a total of 9 in total. That is just stupid.

• Like 2