NFL Week 10 GDT

SteelKing728

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

What exactly are they supposed to do that they actually can, though?

Fans and ESPN torpedoed any chance they had of getting more accountability or full-time status out of the refs the last time they were locked out by the league.  The refs have a union and the current ref pool has no desire whatsoever to go full-time because that means they'd have to take time away from their other (professional) side jobs.

Everything you are saying is the truth.

I like Pat McAfee's suggestion. Right now, start going after college football players that aren't good enough to play in the NFL and start training them to be officials so that when the current agreement with the officials is up they have younger trained officials that know the game, are far more suited to keeping up than the old lawyers and bankers doing the job now and can be full time and accountable for their performance.

Just now, cp0k2 said:

Everything you are saying is the truth.

I like Pat McAfee's suggestion. Right now, start going after college football players that aren't good enough to play in the NFL and start training them to be officials so that when the current agreement with the officials is up they have younger trained officials that know the game, are far more suited to keeping up than the old lawyers and bankers doing the job now and can be full time and accountable for their performance.

Yes, but that's proactive practice and, um... that's not exactly a strength of the never-ending strings of nepotism that weave through the league (at all level - it isn't just senior league officials the way that some people want to make it seem).

• Like 2

Just now, Lilseb93 said:

I have to give Flores credit. Even with a XFL roster, he gets his team ready to play. I could never say that for Gase. For starters, leading the NFL in fewest penalties when we've been the worst last few years is a start. 

I think he will be a very good HC.  Miami clearly has a long-term plan which they needed.  

• Like 1