GDT: Week 11: “The Boston Massacre” Eagles vs Patriots

EaglesPeteC

JJAW, ....Ertz.......Agholor,......Goedert.... Matthews

............................Sanders/Ajayi...............

What could go wrong? Maybe the best way to Trick Belicheck from taking away your #1 option, is to literally not have one?

Of course I know that's Ertz.

Edited by Nabbs4u

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

JJAW, ....Ertz.......Agholor,......Goedert.... Matthews

............................Sanders/Ajayi...............

What could go wrong? Maybe the best way to Trick Belicheck from taking away your #1 option, is to literally not have one?

Of course I know that's Ertz.

Miles Sanders about to get 150 receiving yards

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Shut it, i need him in fantasy this week.

Big day for miles and goedert. 

Actually funny. If you watch the NFLN start / sit ticker for all the positions,  every Single Eagle player they recommend as a Sit.😎

Must mean a Shut out or something for the Eagles?

50 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Actually funny. If you watch the NFLN start / sit ticker for all the positions,  every Single Eagle player they recommend as a Sit.😎

Must mean a Shut out or something for the Eagles?

Always a possibility with Nelson Agholor as your #1 WR.

I see a path to victory if the Pats offense STILL hasn't really gotten into a rhythm and Tom continues being merely good and not great. We have to assume we can bottle up their run game, if we can't do that then we have no chance. Hold them to under 21, get some good field position through ST or defense.

People may view the Ravens beatdown as an anomaly in the sense that the Pats won't have to face another Lamar Jackson, and while true that there is no other Lamar, another angle to view it was the Pats just getting their teeth kicked in from a good old fashioned power run game. Sure, the threat of Lamar is something that probably caused just enough hesitation to Pats defenders as to allow blockers to consistently win, and we don't have Lamar, but we are one of the few teams in the NFL that have the personnel for a power run attack and w/ loss of Alshon and DeSean, signing of Ajayi, it seems that's the plan of attack going forward. 

It could just be that Lamar and his gravitational pull was reason A, B and C the Pats D got ran over last week, and they are in fact a stout run D as they appeared to be weeks 1-8, but maybe not, maybe they do have a weakness against maulers. They aren't a particularly big front. So if we can pound the rock and put up some scores, and what I said earlier about their offense holds true, maybe we eek one out 21-17.

However, that means a lot going right, and against our secondary? I could see Brady and the WRs return to form. Sanu has had a few full weeks of practice now. If the offense is moving and putting up 30+, as the Cowboys and Vikings did, or the Bears would have if the game lasted another 5 minutes, I don't see how we can blow for blow with that even if the power run is working to perfection. I predict a 31-17 loss, not awful, but not a "moral victory" either.