King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

45 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Bell & Henry too different cases Bell has a history of failed drug tests plus injuries & seasons he had over 350 + touches & I believe he’s 28. Henry is 25 with no wear & tear he’s only been a starter for 2 years. Your logic makes sense but you can bet he’s going to be looking for 30-35 mill guaranteed he has to get paid & strike while he has leverage 

He will go to Pittsburgh and become a legend.  Henry that is....
I can't see us paying him $30-35 Milly guaranteed.

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He will go to Pittsburgh and become a legend.  Henry that is....
I can't see us paying him $30-35 Milly guaranteed.

I think he’s going to end up staying he has leverage he’s what makes this offense go, we’re a run 1st team & he fits the mold of what we embody team 1st hard worker 

I think he's absolutely resigned. The only thing that even comes close to letting him walk is that as great as he's been, he is not the sole identity of our team. Ryan Tannehill has been playing well enough that Henry isn't the only good thing on our offense.

However, he is still a huge fan favorite and I think the front office will be willing to overpay him. Also, from all indications, he has an insane work ethic and outstanding personality. Worth noting that we need a strong running threat for our passing game to work. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think he's absolutely resigned. The only thing that even comes close to letting him walk is that as great as he's been, he is not the sole identity of our team. Ryan Tannehill has been playing well enough that Henry isn't the only good thing on our offense.

However, he is still a huge fan favorite and I think the front office will be willing to overpay him. Also, from all indications, he has an insane work ethic and outstanding personality. Worth noting that we need a strong running threat for our passing game to work. 

Ryan Tannehill has been playing good football but it’s not close who’s this offense belongs to & start with. We’re a run 1st team, we use the run to setup the pass & we work off play action a lot. Henry makes it easy for Tannehill for the simple fact, if Tannehill was elite, if the Titans were a legit passing offense, then Henry wouldn’t see such a loaded box all the time. Teams 1st priority when playing the Titans is stopping Duce Duce not Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill takes advantage of 1 on 1’s he gets with a loaded box.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Giving huge money to a RB is always scary. I really like Henry, but it's not something I'm usually in favor of. 

Yeah I can’t get that sinking feeling out of my stomach either. And he won’t be cheap. But after this year, the feeling of not re-signing him is worse!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

If we’re all about the Patriot way, I can’t imagine we resign him. I want him back but not at the cost he’s going to incur. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

I dunno if he still is but when we paid Dion Lewis we gave him a top 10(for RB) contract, so I dunno how committed they are to the Patriot way in that regard.

That being said breaking the bank for Henry will not be wise.

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Pay him. No major injuries like Gurley, not a diva distraction like Bell, light wear and tear on his body, dominates stacked boxes, and is a touchdown threat every time he touches the ball.

Off the top of your head, how many big RB contracts ended with the team being glad they did it and having no regrets?

The list is daunting to say the least...

1. Zeke (He did well this year, but they still finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs.  And he was healthy all year!)

2. Gurley (Awful contract and it's hindering their ability to upgrade elsewhere.  CJ Anderson performed better when it mattered most last year)

3. Bell (No one can argue he made much of a difference for the Jets this year.  Not at that price.)

4. David Johnson (horrendous return for the money this year)

5. Devonta Freeman (hard to tell the difference between him and his backups)

6. Saquon (bad year this year, but this is the only contract on this list I would feel comfortable with)

7. McKinnon (He's been hurt the entire length of the contract.  And that's a huge factor in why it's not smart to pay RBs)

8. Fournette (I actually thought he played well this year, but he didn't make a difference on his team either)

9. Lamar Miller (Hurt and underperformed when healthy)

10. Duke Johnson (I had no idea he was in the top ten!  He's certainly not a difference maker either)

Granted, I'm hoping we buck this trend if we give Henry the big bucks but it's naive to think this is a slam dunk wise decision.

On 11/25/2019 at 8:01 AM, TitanSlim said:

Honestly, I was against paying him (I'm not a fan of paying RBs in general) but it's going to be difficult letting a guy like him walk. He's been one of our most consistent players since the second half of last season and is a huge fan favorite, for whatever that's worth (the "Henry" chants are a reincarnation of the "Eddie" chants, I freakin love it!).

Feels like he's just starting to hit his prime/peak as an NFL player and he has been pretty durable throughout his college and NFL career. Add that our QB situation still isn't exactly stable, and that all leads to me feeling you've got to pay him.

I still feel this way, but it's no doubt going to be a tough decision. I don't envy JRob when it comes to this.

I'd truly hate to lose him but I'd completely understand depending on his price and the history of RBs after getting a big contract.

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I dunno if he still is but when we paid Dion Lewis we gave him a top 10(for RB) contract, so I dunno how committed they are to the Patriot way in that regard.

That being said breaking the bank for Henry will not be wise.

You call 5 mill annually top 10 RB money 🤨it was 4yrs 20 mill with like 11 mill Guaranteed if I’m not mistaken