This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

10 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

There is a legal principle by which you are careful not to be precise in matters such as this; protecting horses by name would leave out protection of other vulnerable livestock.

These laws are filled with unforseen consequences. If a state wishes to protect fledgling sea birds from being fed to long-lived cetaceans you'd inevitably find yourself arresting someone for transporting young gulls across state lines for immortal porpoises.

You're on another level

Just had a buddy visiting me over the weekend who was a long time writer for ESPN on their basketball side. I made a joke at one point about one of my former VPs in the NBA and how our whole staff called him "Mr. Four Hour Work Week." The writer told me he mentioned he heard the same thing once from a different team source and mentioned it in an article. The next day he had five different teams call and ask him how he knew about their GM. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Macc_Aviv said:

Just had a buddy visiting me over the weekend who was a long time writer for ESPN on their basketball side. I made a joke at one point about one of my former VPs in the NBA and how our whole staff called him "Mr. Four Hour Work Week." The writer told me he mentioned he heard the same thing once from a different team source and mentioned it in an article. The next day he had five different teams call and ask him how he knew about their GM. 

Tim Ferris is in the NBA?!?

5 hours ago, Macc_Aviv said:

Just walked out of a coffee shop to where my car was parked on the street and found the grill smashed up with pieces of it on the ground.  At least they left a note. 

That was nice of them, assuming the note had insurance information and not just an anonymous expression of regret. You get compensated for the financial loss, but you still have hours of aggravation ahead of you making phone calls and stuff. On balance your life is awesome, their insurance will pay for the damage, but you still have this echoing “WTF!” that messes with you every time you look at your poor car.

I pulled into a right turn lane once and was surprised to see a ringneck pheasant completely jammed into the chrome work of the car to the left of me— freshly dispatched and broken neck lolling from a fateful flight across some nearby county highway that wasn’t good for the bird or the car. As the guy creeps ahead with traffic I see his window is open so I yell, “Looks like dinner’s on the grill!”, which was met with an annoyed look. I always wonder if that ended up being a time release joke, like twenty minutes later did he pull into his driveway, see the four pound pheasant stuck to his car, and say, “Oh! Dinner’s on the grill, ha ha ha!” Or was he just too disgusted and annoyed to see the humor.

13 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

This makes bestiality into an offense that puts you on a registry. Not sure I agree with that portion either.

If there's someone going around doing certain things to dogs, I damn sure want to know about him lest I move to that neighborhood. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

It’s already a misdemeanor and this would make it a felony. I think it’s plausible that misdemeanor is the correct classification here. 

It makes it a felony to create or distribute an obscene depiction of such an act. I’m not a legal expert but one might think this might run up against the first amendment, depending how the scope is interpreted. There’s plenty of legitimate reasons to draw a picture of someone engaging in sexual congress with a horse imo. 

This makes bestiality into an offense that puts you on a registry. Not sure I agree with that portion either.

Laws are intended to curb behavior and protect the innocent. Now, bestiality is one of your fringe sexual practices - to say the least - but as such will probably always have a fringe amount of participants (regardless of penalty).

I have no qualms about it being considered a felony and if placement on a registry of some sort (as opposed to jail time for the kinky rancher who abuses his sheep on the back 40.....) serves as deterrent - fine.

Not sure where this one comes from:

16 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

There’s plenty of legitimate reasons to draw a picture of someone engaging in sexual congress with a horse imo.

Lets just say, we must troll different art houses.

• Like 1