This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You buy right into the media graphs and headlines don't you? 

The average test rate was around 1-2k a day in the beginning of that graph with 10-12% positive rate. Yesterday we tested 5,800 people, no crap the positives will go up, but something like 6.7% tested positive, it was 4% on Wednesday, the lowest since March and we're at 1/2 to 1/3 the positive rate as we were around Easter.

You gotta do some research and critical thinking of your own, being spoon-fed sensationalized headlines is the best way to stay uninformed and in a panic.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You buy right into the media graphs and headlines don't you? 

The average test rate was around 1-2k a day in the beginning of that graph with 10-12% positive rate. Yesterday we tested 5,800 people, no crap the positives will go up, but something like 6.7% tested positive, it was 4% on Wednesday, the lowest since March and we're at 1/2 to 1/3 the positive rate as we were around Easter.

You gotta do some research and critical thinking of your own, being spoon-fed sensationalized headlines is the best way to stay uninformed and in a panic.

Well no s*** it’s more likely when there’s more tests there then will be a decrease in positive cases. People are scared and want to be tested if there’s any reason to get tested. 

your new cases have been extremely consistent. It needs to go down before the economy should open.

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/cases.htm

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Current declines are a consequence of stay at home // social distancing measures. The virus didnt mutate into some more benign form. We didnt inoculate the population in any fashion that would support declining numbers - so - if "opening up" occurs in a willy-nilly fashion - we stand to return from whence we came.

Thats the walk we're trying to navigate. How to open responsibly. How do things operate when we're not yet at "normal?"
That will require the continued vigilance of the public en mass.

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Current declines are a consequence of stay at home // social distancing measures. The virus didnt mutate into some more benign form. We didnt inoculate the population in any fashion that would support declining numbers - so - if "opening up" occurs in a willy-nilly fashion - we stand to return from whence we came.

Thats the walk we're trying to navigate. How to open responsibly. How do things operate when we're not yet at "normal?"
That will require the continued vigilance of the public en mass.

Who's advocating for a willy nilly opening though? Obviously we can't act like it's February, but small business owners can no longer afford to be told they must be closed. It's up to us now. Here in WI I can tell you of the probably 50 bars and restaurants I follow on Facebook, maybe 2-3 have opened. The rest are in a planning and training phase. 

Not enough people trust the free market and the power of the consumer. The consumer consumes where they experience comfort and enjoyment. The standards of comfort or enjoyment are always changing. Right now the consumer is going to want to feel like there isn't a great risk of getting the virus in your establishment. If your packing them in nuts to butts like you used to before the pandemic, a lot of your customer base is not going to return. Sure you'll have a small percentage that won't care, but you don't sustain a business on small percentage. Gyms, theatres, bowling alleys, retail, it will all be the same.

The government doesn't need to dictate to business how it should behave, the consumers will do so.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Who's advocating for a willy nilly opening though? Obviously we can't act like it's February, but small business owners can no longer afford to be told they must be closed. It's up to us now. Here in WI I can tell you of the probably 50 bars and restaurants I follow on Facebook, maybe 2-3 have opened. The rest are in a planning and training phase. 

Not enough people trust the free market and the power of the consumer. The consumer consumes where they experience comfort and enjoyment. The standards of comfort or enjoyment are always changing. Right now the consumer is going to want to feel like there isn't a great risk of getting the virus in your establishment. If your packing them in nuts to butts like you used to before the pandemic, a lot of your customer base is not going to return. Sure you'll have a small percentage that won't care, but you don't sustain a business on small percentage. Gyms, theatres, bowling alleys, retail, it will all be the same.

The government doesn't need to dictate to business how it should behave, the consumers will do so.

Ray, you’re a fully functioning adult. If you go to a bar and take other unnecessary dangerous risks with no mask then whatever happens to you, happens to you. Like I said, you’re an adult.

Unfortunately this virus is very contagious ( which is why we shouldn’t open up until it’s legitimately safe) and you can infect others. So as I said, if you wanna go to the bar and wherever , and god forbid someone you come in contact with gets the virus, you’re ok with the fact that you might’ve given it to them. Choice have consequences . 

53 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There it is! Just say it ‘ fake news’ because it proves you wrong. That’s what you guys do.

And then you make grotesque lies about a guy faking having Corona. The guy’s wife and 14 year old son both got the virus as well, and you’re calling it fake. That’s disgusting. 

Cuomo lied like hell lol. 

Made a giant production of being quarantined and his emergence only to get made to look like a giant doofus when the video of him getting into the altercation with the pedestrian on his bike surfaced.

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Ray, you’re a fully functioning adult. If you go to a bar and take other unnecessary dangerous risks with no mask then whatever happens to you, happens to you. Like I said, you’re an adult.

Unfortunately this virus is very contagious ( which is why we shouldn’t open up until it’s legitimately safe) and you can infect others. So as I said, if you wanna go to the bar and wherever , and god forbid someone you come in contact with gets the virus, you’re ok with the fact that you might’ve given it to them. Choice have consequences . 

I am OK with this because that's the reality we live in now. Quarantining until 100% safe is not a reality. I will start to go out and support my local stores and my gym because they desperately need me to, and I can do it in a way that minimizes the risk.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

People out here acting like citizens are going to start licking doorknobs because there gym is open again is bizarre.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cuomo lied like hell lol. 

Made a giant production of being quarantined and his emergence only to get made to look like a giant doofus when the video of him getting into the altercation with the pedestrian on his bike surfaced.

Ya? You see the video? Where is it? 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I am OK with this because that's the reality we live in now. Quarantining until 100% safe is not a reality. I will start to go out and support my local stores and my gym because they desperately need me to, and I can do it in a way that minimizes the risk.

If you’re fine with it, be my guest. I would tell you to really re-evaluate things , but again you’re a grown man. 

21 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I want to know more about this.  I have suffered from diagnosed anxiety and depression for over half of my life.  I am dealing with this very well.  Are others that already have issues addressed also doing fine? To be fair, my life hasn't changed much at all.  I just have to wear a mask when I go to the stores in Illinois, I don't go to the bars every weekend, and I do more of my grocery shopping at one time rather than pick up a couple of things 3-4 times per week.  I was already a person who could feel alone in a crowded room, so my interactions at work and talking on the phone with my parents is probably enough socialization.

Are these new cases because of a cabin fever effect? Are people already affected worse? 

I really can't tell you much more, other than mental health care is being accessed a ton more now.

I can speak for my wife.  She certainly does have cabin fever.  She's also very terrified of going out into the public right now.  I'm not.  I feel like I've been exposed and am fine.  She, though, is very cautious.

In fact, she had to go to work this morning to print off some stuff.  Took her about 20 minutes of complaining about having to do it, then another 20 minutes to prepare to go outside.  Mask, Gloves, Long sleeved shirt....and she even made a gameplan for what she wanted to do.  

My guess is that her personality type has a little to do with this.  She's very much a clean freak and the thought of that bug must really get to her.

4 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

You were saying that since your original post said 1% of the population. If the fatality rate is 1%, in order to get 1% of the total population as a fatality, then 100% of the population would need to be infected.

It might be my English, it's not my mother tongue and I might have written something different from what I was thinking. BTW, why is Eric Topol an idiot?

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I really can't tell you much more, other than mental health care is being accessed a ton more now.

I can speak for my wife.  She certainly does have cabin fever.  She's also very terrified of going out into the public right now.  I'm not.  I feel like I've been exposed and am fine.  She, though, is very cautious.

In fact, she had to go to work this morning to print off some stuff.  Took her about 20 minutes of complaining about having to do it, then another 20 minutes to prepare to go outside.  Mask, Gloves, Long sleeved shirt....and she even made a gameplan for what she wanted to do.  

My guess is that her personality type has a little to do with this.  She's very much a clean freak and the thought of that bug must really get to her.

Perhaps people are just getting to a breaking point with the stress at this point then.  I actually had my last psychiatrist visit over the phone, but I am really easy.  I have been dealing with this for over 20 years, the pills are working right now, don't need a change, just re-up it.

I think your wife is at the opposite spectrum from my dad.  He just doesn't care.  Luckily he lives in a place where there are very few cases.