This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

41 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Very specific

And it's been a week, how quickly do you think this is supposed to happen? 

This has been going on throughout history! 

A lot of you know what I am saying, but will keep saying dumb s*** because some of you are implicitly racist. You may not go around saying the n word, but you certainly refuse to acknowledge the truth that there is significant systemic racism  in all areas of life or don't care that it is happening.

Edited by Rainmaker90
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

See, I would think that the smoking on the bench was probably some kids sneaking out at night.

Could very well be....cant say....wasnt overly concerned about it then and the bench is gone now.

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would actually be worried about a guy moving stuff just so you notice.  It is testing what he can get away with.

Which he's learned now is limited indeed. If moving some empty flower pots around is the best he can do.....and he decides to go ahead and do it....coupled with no screwing around with the home.....I'm not gonna sweat bullets. Concealment (or the desire to remain concealed) is apparently not an issue for the guy - which if he intended something more should be (or would be...even of your lesser than average criminal...). 

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

A lot of you know what I am saying, but will keep saying dumb s*** because some of you are implicitly racist. You may not go around saying the n word, but you certainly refuse to acknowledge the truth that there is significant systemic racism  in all areas of life or don't care that it is happening.

I did my part. I started Burn It Down T Shirts, a company dedicated to creating stylish attire for the socially woke.

Peaceful protestors burned it down.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Dude, find a different pitch.

Just about everybody realizes and acknowledged that there are deep seated issues between officers and the African American community. 

But I didn't ask for a summary of the problem or a holier-than-thou sermon. 

I asked what you think an appropriate course of action forward would be. Apparently, arrest and charge murderers with murder is an inadequate step. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just about everybody realizes and acknowledged that there are deep seated issues between officers and the African American community. 

But I didn't ask for a summary of the problem or a holier-than-thou sermon. 

I asked what you think an appropriate course of action forward would be. Apparently, arrest and charge murderers with murder is an inadequate step. 

Why don’t you ever say convicted ? You always say charged , but never convicted . Just because one is charged, doesn’t mean justice is served. 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Pretty big brush you're painting with here. There are a small percentage of cops who keep repeating the atrocities. This guy in Minneapolis had 18 prior complaints filed against him. No disciplinary action. These are the guys that need to be held accountable. The police forces across the Nation need to start holding these guys accountable. It isn't police versus African-Americans. It's a few select racist police against African-Americans.

• Like 2

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Why don’t you ever say convicted ? You always say charged , but never convicted . Just because one is charged, doesn’t mean justice is served. 

In this case, because murder trials don't happen in a week.

In most cases, because once an officer is charged, it becomes a matter for the justice system and a jury of peers. 

Should we change the standard in cases of police shooters to "guilty until proven innocent", or lower the burden of proof to what it would be in a civil case? Officers have the same rights as everyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Could very well be....cant say....wasnt overly concerned about it then and the bench is gone now.

Which he's learned now is limited indeed. If moving some empty flower pots around is the best he can do.....and he decides to go ahead and do it....coupled with no screwing around with the home.....I'm not gonna sweat bullets. Concealment (or the desire to remain concealed) is apparently not an issue for the guy - which if he intended something more should be (or would be...even of your lesser than average criminal...). 

Well, if you are comfortable, then I am comfortable.  Stay safe man.  

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Pretty big brush you're painting with here. There are a small percentage of cops who keep repeating the atrocities. This guy in Minneapolis had 18 prior complaints filed against him. No disciplinary action. These are the guys that need to be held accountable. The police forces across the Nation need to start holding these guys accountable. It isn't police versus African-Americans. It's a few select racist police against African-Americans.

The guy in Minnesota had been a cop for 20 years, right? and didn't have a single shooting deemed unjustifiable. 

Without knowing the nature of these complaints, the number is pointless. For all we know half those complaints are complaints from some Karen about a parking ticket, or a complaint by a fleeing suspect about being tackled too roughly. 

Was the dude way out of line, obviously. Was this his first incident, probably not. But firing a union employee without a massively serious incident is a very difficult thing to do. You can argue it shouldn't be like that, but again, cops have rights too. One of those rights is to unionize. 

@AlexGreen#20 you keep acting like this is new . It’s not. I’m done talking in circles to someone who refuses to take in other points , lies and distorts information to support his claims. 

Police killing unarmed black people have been going on for years. Many timeS they don’t get charged and/or prosecuted. Black people HAVE protested peacefully and they still get attacked for it , and nothing changes. There is a lot of anger, a lot of hurt in that community.

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

@AlexGreen#20 you keep acting like this is new . It’s not. I’m done talking in circles to someone who refuses to take in other points , lies and distorts information to support his claims. 

Police killing unarmed black people have been going on for years. Many timeS they don’t get charged and/or prosecuted. Black people HAVE protested peacefully and they still get attacked for it , and nothing changes. There is a lot of anger, a lot of hurt in that community.

Just admit you don't have an answer and move on. There's no shame in not having an answer, because nobody does. 

I've acknowledged a half dozen times that this isn't new. I've acknowledged a half dozen times that there's totally justified hurt and anger in these communities.

What I can't level with is the people so afraid to be accused of being racist that they feel the need to defend people taking hammers to Target self checkout registers or burning down private businesses. Or the news agencies that love these stories, intentionally misreporting information to fan the flames of racial discord. 

Kaepernick wanted to make a point, but it came off as hamfisted and ungenuine to a lot of people for a lot of reasons, some legitimate and some not. Personally I thought Kaepernick being targeted to the extent he was, was totally absurd. There was a strong message buried under a lot of bad branding. Alternatively I thought the lengths to which people went to deify him were laughable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

some of you are implicitly racist. You may not go around saying the n word, but you certainly refuse to acknowledge the truth that there is significant systemic racism  in all areas of life or don't care that it is happening.

spare us the propagandizing. no one has uttered or implied a single racist thing on this thread. I would argue that you are the victim of your own implicit bias against political opponents. The denominator of interactions-without-incident dwarfs the number of abuses. but the media and a certain side of the aisle have a vested political and financial interest in ignoring the tens-of-millions of annual incident-less interactions and disproportionately highlight the exceptions. aka bias-by-omission. disparities of outcome are largely driven by differences in behavior caused by *cultural* (not racial) differences. Some of these cultural differences are at least partly caused by the *aftereffects* of racism of previous generations. And then the present-day populations on all sides have to deal with the aftereffects. Other factors like 2-parent privilege dwarf any racial privilege. 

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451466/police-violence-against-black-men-rare-heres-what-data-actually-say?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Lemoine

https://www.dailywire.com/news/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/02/white-privilege-myth-reality/

Edited by TransientTexan
  • Like 2